Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Sparkly Ornament Vignette

Hey everyone - Happy Labor Day weekend if you're celebrating in the USA. Thought I make a quick card before I get too immersed in the Twins vs White Sox game coming up this afternoon! CAS Christmas just announced their September Challenge yesterday (Sparkle &/or Shine) and I decided to play along this morning with an extremely quick and easy card.

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders white A2 card;
Paper Studio Glitter Cardstock
Die - Memory Box Newbury Ornament Vignette (retired)
Stamp - Elizabeth Craft Designs Classic Christmas Special Kit
Other - Hero Arts Navy Ink; 
Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress Stain

I die cut the ornament vignette from glitter paper. Laid it on the A2 card to stamp the sentiment where I wanted it and to eyeball where to do a wash. Took my Distress Stain and swiped the card. Glued down the diecut - done! Since I'm so behind on Christmas cards, I'm going to make a bunch more of these in various colors. I saved the pieces that popped out of this outline to do an inlaid version later.

The sentiment stamp comes from last year's wonderful Elizabeth Craft Designs Classic Christmas Special Kit. I bought it when ECD sponsored us for Die Cut Divas but hadn't had a chance to use it until now. So I'm adding this card to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge too! 

PS - ECD is having a Labor Day Sale with 25% off & no, they've offered me nothing to say this :) They also have a bunch of stamps & dies in my "practically free" category under the SALE tab. I'm sure to be headed there before the holiday weekend ends.

Thanks for stopping and enjoy your day whatever you do!!





12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I love this. what a great idea to add that subtle wash to the background and I bet the baubles shine beautifully. A perfect CAS card xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful delicate ornament die cut and love your subtle wash background xx

Cat Craig said...

Lovely, simple and so festive.

Jean said...

Your swipe really adds great visual interest to this elegant holiday card!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fabulous ornament vignette card with a simple color scheme, Linda! The sparkle of the glittery die-cut must be prettier in real life, and even your sentiment says "sparkle" too! :-)
I LOVE the wash in the background, that makes this card so special! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx
p.s. Happy Labor Day weekend to you too, and enjoy the game!

Lisa Elton said...

How wonderful to see your lovely card in our CAS Christmas gallery, Linda!

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful card Linda. Love the glittery ornaments.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful, sparkly and CAS!… perfect for mass producing and for our challenge. The wash background was a great touch. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas…
and for the ECD sale link. 😂

Rosemary said...

Pretty holiday card, Linda. Love all the icy blues and sparkle.

Loll said...

Love your artistic design of this beautiful and sparkly card, Linda! Your swipe of distress inks provides the most lovely background for your die-cut ornaments. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful die cut sparkly hanging ornaments Linda! so pretty with the blue wash behind them! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Jeanne H said...

Congrats on the win for Sept. CAS sparkle challenge!!