Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Anniversary Card with Floral Screen Embossing

Hello and welcome! I'm playing along at Let's Squash It! Challenge 24 where Jo, Gail and guest designer Jenny have asked for cards containing 2/3rds embossing and 1/3 white space. No rulers will be used thankfully!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
Momenta watercolor print
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug Floral Screen (retired
but I saw it on Etsy here if you want to view it better)
Dies - Taylored Expressions Easy Strips 1/8" & Simple Strips
Poppystamps Floral Cake Pop Up Easel (flower);
My Favorite Things Stitched Flowers (leaves)
Other - Taylored Expressions Simple Strips in Reverse - Love

Very simple card! I embossed a panel of the watercolor print paper but it was in the folder backwards! Didn't want to use the debossed side so I just used the white side and ran some pinkish ink over the raised bits. I trimmed it to a 4x4" square & cut it on the diagonal. Added a black strip to each diagonal and adhered into the corners. I had a sentiment strip, flower and leaves already in my bits box; decided to add them at the angle too.

Thanks for stopping!



10 comments:

Jean said...

What an interesting challenge which you've masterfully met!

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty, I love the pink, black and white together xx

ionabunny said...

Love the diagonal space and that folder is so pretty. What a beautiful card Linda. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Lisa Elton said...

Fantastic design, Linda this is terrific!

Dawn T said...

totally awesome Linda. I thought to myself... what a great look... Love the way the embossing looks!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet!

Jeanne H said...

Love your Squashed card. Such pretty colors.

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! I nearly went with a diagonal design of embossing for my inspiration card, but discovered how hard it is to do this with a Cuttlebug! Your card is so effective, Linda, and I love the colours too. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Rosemary said...

another lovely design, linda.

Angelnorth said...

Love the diagonal take on the proportions and that’s a really pretty EF, great card Linda!