Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 10, 2022

From Our Home to Yours

Happy Saturday - at least in my neck of the woods! I received an order from Sunny Studio Stamps and owner Mendi will be shocked that I actually started creating already! One of the sets works perfectly for the September Christmas Kickstart Challenge with a home related theme - houses, city scapes, fireside scenes, etc. I got busy yesterday and this morning & created this card:

Supplies: Paper - BoBunny dots; Neenah White
Stamps - Sunny Studio Scenic Route (with dies) &
Hero Arts Gingerbread House (sentiment)
Other - Copic Markers; Star Dust Stickles

I shopped Sunny's 7th birthday sale and picked up the set with trees and houses, along with some other fun images. My main goal was to snag the new Penguin Party set. Who can resist those darling penguins?! Ok, maybe my friend Betty (created by bjk) but I certainly can't!

When I get my crafty orders, I process any dies that need snipping and create a template for quick stamping in the MISTI. Here's an example:


I've tried doing more than one image at a time but it works best to focus on one image. I simply pop the diecut into the negative. I often have scraps of 110lb Neenah white that I can use up with some diecutting. Usually, though, I use the diecuts from the template plus cut another couple full 4.25x5.5" sheets of them. Today I ending up using just one penguin in my scene but I'll have plenty for other projects by the time I'm done!! 

I stamped and die cut the houses (just does the top border) but my die cutting went a bit wonky so I trimmed it with a scissors. Next I stamped the trees/hills below the houses. You can also die cut this and pop for dimension but I chose simple stamping. Colored everything with Copics and added some Stickles. Stamped a sentiment & assembled, using a scrap of dotted blue as my sky. I put a bit of foam behind the houses so they'd stand out a bit. Done!

Will also add to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge since my scene and penguin stamps are new.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty weekend!!

 

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is super cute, Linda!

HilaryJane said...

Such a happy and colourful card, perfect for Christmas. Great use of those dies. I love how you have made the houses so colourful and thanks for the info on how you deal with those dies and stamping. Great idea xx

Jean said...

Great job on your method for an assembly line!
Cute use of the stamp sets!

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous scene Linda. So sweet.

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Linda, your card is just joyful! Jo x

Arlene said...

Just adorable! Wonderful fun and cheery scene and I do love me some scenes!

Cat Craig said...

Linda. A lovely and perfect winters scene…at ease for those of us in the northern hemisphere. Love it.

Rosemary said...

those little penguins are adorable, linda. cute scene card.