Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, September 22, 2022

A Couple of Birthday Cards

Hey everyone - hope you're having a wonderful week! Today I'm sharing birthday cards made for a married couple - ladies first:

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Michael's lime green;
Momenta watercolor print & a scrap of green & yellow prints
Dies - My Favorite Things Stitched Blooms;
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Wedding Ring Stitch (retired)
Other - Michael's gems;

This card went to the amazing Darnell (djkardkreations) for her July bday. I realized I'd never posted it. Back in June I created a bunch of cards using die cut stitched flowers from My Favorite Things - don't know how I ever resisted ordering this die set earlier! Love, love, love!! To ground the flower cluster I used a vellum hexagon I had in the bits box (maybe Spellbinders?) and arranged it all atop a bright green panel diecut with a dot stitched rectangle then embossed.

I'm remembering to post now because Darnell's hubby had a bday yesterday. A few years ago he had commented that Darnell received a lot of cards. Not wanting him to feel left out, I started sending him a birthday card - I sign it from a crazy card-making friend of Darnell's. :) Anyway, Darnell reports that he received it timely and liked the tool paper (a fave of mine for manly cards).

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
Paper Studio browns; Basic Grey Bowties (2012 retired) 
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (retired)
Other - Target Halloween stars stickers (retired)

That's it for today. I'm off to attend a class for storytellers - it starts today at a local theater & runs 7 weeks, once a week. At the end, there's supposed to be a performance. I haven't decided if I'll participate - we'll see. Reminds me of my voice class in college that culminated in a recital - oops, missed it! Wish me luck...

Thanks for stopping!

8 comments:

Greta said...

Enjoy your class & go for it! The flowers are beautiful for Darnell's card! I need to see what I have in my MFT stash as I know some things haven't been opened. Perfect manly card!

Cindy C. said...

Both so nice! Enjoy your class!

Jean said...

Wonderful colors, texture, and pattern make for fantastic birthday cards!

Lisa Elton said...

Two terrific ways to wish Darnell and the Mister happy birthdays! Have fun at you class!

Angelnorth said...

Two great cards Linda, love the zingy green with the cute blooms and that tool paper looks great for guy cards. Enjoy the storytelling class, it’s a wonderful art to master if you can (I’m afraid I’m not one who can!).

Betty said...

two great cards - of course the floral is my fave!! i used to be a storyteller before i retired - i loved it - so enjoy your class!

Cat Craig said...

Love those mft blooms, such a fun set and the smaller ones work nicely in those flower wraps that were all the rage this summer. Love the man card too. Yay on you to send Darnell's hubs a bit of cheer too. Enjoy your class.

Dawn T said...

How did I miss this one Linda... Love those flowers on your first card and what great masculine card. Love it.