Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 2, 2022

August 2022 Card Chain Reveal

Hey crafty friends - another month has flown by and it's time to reveal cards that zipped (or sometimes crawled) around the world via snail mail. Twenty-nine people participated in the August Card Chain Challenge - you can see the full reveal HERE. My card found its way across the pond to dear Jo (Jo's Blogs) who, like me, had Covid 19 this summer. Thankfully we both recovered quickly!

Supplies: Paper - Parklane A2 card, Neenah white:
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing; Michael's green
Stamps - Sunny Studio Captivating Camellias;
Dies - Sunny Studio Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace &
Other - enamel heart from a Hero Arts kit; various inks


Colour Palette Option
Sketch Option
Big surprise - NOT - I went with the colors, sketch, and theme of friendship. I even popped some flowers on there (one of the other themes) but no fruit. I was eager to use - finally - the Sunny Studio Captivating Camellias color layering stamp set I bought when it was released January 2021. Not bad, a year and a half to use something....sorry, Mendi!

As usual, I die cut a bunch of white flowers and leaves and popped them into the negatives to stamp with my MISTI - makes a great assembly line for each layer. I stamped my flowers in various shades of purple for the color grape - one was even named Grape Juice. That color was pretty dark so I stamped the final layer in silver to get a softer look in those spots. I used three shades of green for the leaves, including Lime Green. Really liked how these turned out and, like many examples I saw at Sunny Studio, I skipped stamping the yellow flower center layer - just left it white.

The sketch seemed to include a mat layer so, to make it extra feminine, I used a fave Sunny Studio Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace. I found the perfect kumquat card base & floral patterned paper to echo my camellias and used a scrap of lime green for my sentiment label.

I received this darling card from Joanne in California. Aren't those little fishes the cutest?! Such a fun, decorated envelope too - thanks, Joanne!!


That's it for today. If you haven't already signed up for the September Card Chain, you can still link up by September 6th.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!!


9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks so much for this beautiful card, Linda! I was so pleased to be your recipient for the month. Hope that Covid is now a distant memory for you. Big hugs, and thanks for being a link in our chain, Jo x

Rosemary said...

another absolutely lovely take on the colors and sketch, linda.

Jean said...

Great take on the challenge. I like how the focal image motif is repeated in the background

Angelnorth said...

Really pretty layering blooms Linda, gorgeous CCC card, I’m sure Jo loved it!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great take on the theme love the cute one you received back too
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

Love the orange/purple colors on your sketch card Linda - pretty scalloped edge and layered blooms!

Dawn T said...

A beautiful card Linda. It's delightful.

HilaryJane said...

Brilliant take on the sketch and don't those colours look fab together. The little fishes on Joanne's card are just great xx

Pia S said...

I love to see how people use the color schemes, that's something I find so hard to do myself, and this particular color combination was too hard to attempt for me:)
Your card turned out beautifully elegant and feminie, and I do love that lacy border.