Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Another Stained Glass Window

Holiday weekend here in the USA and instead of enjoying the last summer weather & the State Fair, I'm indoors making cards. Oh well... Went to Hobby Lobby yesterday - it's nextdoor to Goodwill where I was donating some clothes. I thought I'd reward myself :)

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders white A2 card;
Neenah White; Poptone black; scrap of grey & metallic
Embossing folder - Sizzix Tim Holtz Arched
Stamps - Taylored Expressions O Holy Night (retired)
Dies - Taylored Expressions Label Stacklets 5 (retired); 
Simon Says Stamp Peace Love Hope Joy
Other - Copic Markers; Stickles


I found this batch of items on clearance and my total with tax was less than the regular price of the floral die set! You know me & the "practically free"? Well, the little princess stamp set was under $2!! I decided to use the Arched embossing folder first because I had a stained glass window stamped from when I made a window shaped card in August. I used ink on the ef's inside but messed up - it ended up on the debossed side (good idea for next time). So I swiped a cube of whitish ink over the raised bits, then trimmed it to layer on an A2 card. 

I fussy cut the stamped window, then die cut a white label layer for a narrow border and the next larger layer in a gold metallic with a coppery tinge. I colored the window with Copics and was edging it in black marker when the pen slipped and I nicked the bottom with the little C, tried to remove it with alcohol, then cover it up with white - ugh. Finally put a peace sentiment over it - covered it perfectly - yay! The peace was trimmed from a larger diecut that says peace/love/hope/joy. I started with a grey piece I already had in the cut box but it blended in too much so I added the black one, leaving grey as a shadow. Just love how the arched embossed background echoes the arched window!

I'll add the card to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge since my embossing folder is getting first play. She'll see me again when I get around to using those other newbies!!

Thanks for visiting & enjoy your weekend!!


9 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card Linda, and fun loot!!

Jean said...

Great choice of an embossing folder that plays with the arches in the focal image. The focal image really looks like stained glass!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous design.

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card Linda. I love the stunning window.

Darnell said...

This is really beautiful, Linda! I'm with you on not being able to pass up "practically free!" I mean, you are doing them a favor by taking it off their hands, right? And then, even more better, you turn them into gorgeous cards to brighten people's lives! Win x a million! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

HilaryJane said...

I can't resist clearance sales either and how fortunate that you just happened to be visiting next door. great haul and great card xx

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous card, Linda! You find some amazing bargains!

Angelnorth said...

Just had a nice little browse of your blog! I adore that embossing folder and it looks fabulous with the arched window image — extra bonus to get it on clearance as a bargain!

Brenda in IN said...

You created a stunning view through the window. The background is lovely. By the time I got to Hobby Lobby they were cleaned out. You got great products.