Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 22, 2022

Stained Glass Candle

Happy Monday - I hope you enjoyed a great weekend! I managed to make a card for Let's Squash It! where Challenge 23 requires us to have something dry embossed and also to use a shaped card. Some of those shaped cards are finding their way to the August Die Cut Divas Challenge where we're doing shaped cards this month too - yay!! I made mine a Christmas card with non-Nativity elements so it would work at Christmas Kickstart 65 too!

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Navy A2 card;
Neenah White
Embossing folder - Taylored Expressions Brick
Stamps - Taylored Expressions O Holy Night (retired)
Dies - Taylored Expressions Label Stacklets 5 (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts clear Lacquer; Stickles

I stamped and colored the TE stained glass candle image then fussy cut it. I die cut a thin navy background for it using a scrap of A2 card & one of the stacklet dies. I used a Navy card to cut the label shape, placing the left edge just outside the fold. I added some gloss to the berries and stickles to the candle flame. I die cut a white label layer and dry embossed it with a brick ef. I was inspired in my layering by the beautiful citrus card Joanne (Ambrosia & Iron) made for the LSI challenge. I left off a front sentiment since I didn't want to cover up the window.

Too bad the gorgeous stained glass window image & matching die stack are already retired at TE!! I'm just getting around to using them - oh well.... Darnell's August NBUS Challenge will see this card too, since I'm using the stained glass image & dies for the first time.

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!

 


17 comments:

Angelnorth said...

What a classy-looking Christmas card Linda, the brick embossing was an inspired touch with the window image! Thanks for the shout out for my lemons card too, much appreciated.

Lin said...

Oh this is really lovely, Linda, and you've colored it perfectly! What a special Christmas card!

papierelle said...

Wow this is stunning. It looks like a real church window!!!

Jean said...

Creative combination of products for those challenges!

Pia S said...

I can't think of a better choice of card shape to use with this image. And the brickwall background is a lovely touch as well. It's a stunning faux stained glass design.

Greta said...

Absolutely beautiful, Linda!

Lisa Elton said...

Your stained glass is wonderful, Linda! Very pretty card!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully colored Linda. I have that stamp and you have used it beautifully.

Rosemary said...

What a lovely Christmas card, Linda.

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a beautiful Christmas card!! I love your stained glass look. Saw you card over at NBUS and just had to check it out. Thank you for the inspiration.

Dawn T said...

So beautiful. The white brick embossed layer looks superb. All in all, one fantastic card Linda.

Dotty Jo said...

Another stunning make! This is simply breath-taking, Linda. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! and Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Barb Finnical said...

Oh my goodness Linda, this is such a beautiful card! Even if it wasn't arched at the top, it would be stunning, but the shape makes it amazing! I hope whoever gets it will really appreciate it! :)

Loll said...

Gorgeous stained glass window, Linda. The colours really do shine and look like glass! What a fabulous shape for a card. Great work! xx

Liz said...

Wonderful card, your stained glass window is fabulous, so beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Linda what a fantastic card... just love the arch window shape to show off the stunning stained glass.. you've coloured it beautifully, love it all.. Robyn

EmmaT said...

Such a beautiful creation, brilliant use of the brick embossing for the background. Emmax