Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Cheers!

Hey crafty friends - I hope you're having a wonderful day! It's gorgeous here in Minnesota!! 

You know me well by now - the NBUS mountain continues to grow and I don't get to many new purchases quickly. Well - surprise, surprise - today I'm sharing a card I made with the brand new My Favorite Things Let's Party Card Kit and add-ons.

MFT released this fabulous kit on August 2nd and I promptly ordered it with a bunch of add-ons. It just looked so fun and festive! I came home from running errands this morning to find the package on my doorstep - what?? already??! How's that for service?!! I decided to get busy right away with a congrats card for my friends in Upbeat Quartet who took second in the Sweet Adelines International Diamond Division contest back in July. You may have spotted my good luck card to them HERE.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Parklane A2 card;
A Country Christmas (blue background); various scraps
Dies - My Favorite Things Cheers, Gather 'Round
Other - Copic Markers G03, G07, R56 and Clear Lacquer

I started out making a little table using the new Gather 'Round add-on set. I didn't want a huge table, more of a little end table. I die cut the table base & added a silver oval die cut I had laying around, made with a fave MFT set that's back in their inventory - Oval Shadows. If you search my blog using that tag, you'll see the many ways I've used those oval shadows over the years - love that set!!

Next I cut the Cheers (a free gift with my purchase, thanks MFT) into a white rectangle and lazily backed it with red rather than inlaying the letters. Saved the white letters for future though. Cut the bottle and 4 wine glasses from white and shaded with Copics. Added lacquer to the wine in the glasses and used a teeny cocktail glass diecut as a bottle label. I handwrote WooHoo on the label, not that it's a wine brand - LOL. Arranged my glasses & bottle on my table, used the CHEERS label to anchor them. Made the arrangement a bit sloppy since some wine was already consumed... A pair of party banners cut with glitter paper completed the project.

I'm adding my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge since my party dies are new, plus I'm patting myself on the back for getting to this NBUS package so promptly!! Next I'll be working on an anniversary card using another newbie in the MFT package - hope to share that soon.

Thanks for stopping by!!


12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I thought about the kit, so fun and festive. Love the card and the toast is a perfect congrats card.

Darnell said...

You are going to have tons of fun with these goodies, Linda! I love the tiny details of this great Cheers card! Your friends will love it! Good job getting right to work with it and fab service by MFT. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun little scene! The streamers are so cute and festive. Your friends will love it!

Arlene said...

I love the background and I'd love to sit at that table with friends and just enjoy the vibes.

Greta said...

I bet they loved your cute card! MFT does have the fastest shipping!

papierelle said...

Oh oh... a glass about to tip over!! ... *laughs*
Very funny card idea!!

Dawn T said...

Cheers to you Linda. A perfect card using your kit.

Jean said...

Love the teeny cocktail glass as a bottle label! The background texture works well with the focal elements.

HilaryJane said...

Cheers to you too, I love this one, very clever. Thanks for the info on how you made the table xx

Rosemary said...

super cute scene card, linda!

Trina P. said...

This is adorable. I was contemplating on this kit, but too late.

Liz said...

Great card, I love the cute little wine glasses. Thank you for sharing your lovely card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx