Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 8, 2022

Christmas - No Nativity and a Good Luck Card

Happy Monday - hope you had a great weekend! I got a lot done, including a Christmas card and a good luck card. First up - the Christmas card made with the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge in mind - nothing related to a Nativity.

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card;
Neenah White, Lawn Fawn Knit Picky;
BoBunny Snowfall & Winter Getaway
various colored scraps
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Stylish Snowman;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Other - Hero Arts enamel dots from an old kit;

LOL - tell me I can't do something and that's exactly what comes to mind! Oh well, I managed. I recently received an order from Elizabeth Craft Designs and decided to use my new Stylish Snowman die set. So darling with many options for headgear - I chose the knit cap, die cutting it from patterned paper. Let me tell you, I had a large stack of 6x6 Christmas pads to flip through, searching for the perfect patterns. Picking a more feminine one, I'm calling her Ms Snow Woman. Since she's stylish, I gave her a hands-on-hips model pose. I had some pink oval enamel dots sitting on the counter so tried them for her little mouth.

Very easy card, just die cut and assemble. I used a preprinted sentiment from SSS.

Next up - a good luck card for a chorus quartet, Spice, heading off to Sweet Adelines International Competition next month in Phoenix. 

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; 
Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby;
Paper Studio Glitter; various scraps
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Elizabeth Craft Designs Good Luck
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Music (retired)
Other - Paper Studio star gems

The lead and bass singers in Spice sang with me in Chord Company so I'm always delighted to support my friends! Their motto is "Live Life with Spice" and they've given themselves names relating to various spices. So I tried to capture them in the colors I used for the circles. I used a new to me die set from Whimsy Stamps that cuts a darling mini slim trifold card (I've cut one for future use). The trifold has three circle windows but fortunately the set comes with four patterned circle dies - perfect for a quartet! Maybe you  can guess which spices are included...

I'll add my Good Luck card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge since my circle dies are new.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!

 


11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

A gorgeous snowgirl! What a super, fun card, Linda. Thanks for joining Gail and me at Christmas Kickstart. I love the second card too, BTW. x

Jean said...

Wonderful colors and patterns on both cards.

Trina P. said...

Another cute snowman card and the good luck card is lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

Cute layers on both cards, Linda! Love the snowman's cute little hat!

Dawn T said...

Love these both. What a sweet Snow woman... she's adorable. And what a cool good luck card. It's lovely

Rosemary said...

another wonderful set of cards, linda. love your sassy snow-miss on the first card. your friends will appreciate receiving this fun good luck card as they head to their competition.

Cat Craig said...

You are doing a great job of supporting your singing friends, and they'll appreciate the card. Love the snowman too.

papierelle said...

I had to laugh now. The snowman with his cap looks so funny.

HilaryJane said...

Love that snowman, such a cute hat. Your good luck card has amazing dimension and I love the background. Sorry, but I am not going to try and guess the spices. I would only embarrass myself! xx

Liz said...

Two super cards. Your snowman is so cute and I love the layout of your second card. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx

Greta said...

Good for you using your new goodies! Love the lady snowman with her pink mouth & pose! Fun to use colors for their spice names!