Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Shaped card for Die Cut Divas

Hey crafty friends - I've posted the card below at Die Cut Divas today for our August Shape Your Cards Challenge! We have the amazing Poppystamps as our August sponsor and I can attest to their high quality products and great customer service. And no, I don't receive any compensation for those statements - this is just another fabulous company I love!

Supplies: Paper - Bazzill ivory; various scraps;
Paper Studio brown
Stamps - Poppystamps Say it Big
My Favorite Things Mini Cupcake Maker (retired) &
The Scrapping Cottage Cottage Cutz Hot Cocoa Cafe (retired)


I ordered the Floral Cake Pop up Easel set via Frantic Stamper - can't remember if it was already out of stock at Poppystamps or I was trying to round out an order at FS (I do that often...). Anyway, the set came and I'm counting the dies repeatedly and coming up short by one. In no time, Fran from FS and Dave from Poppystamps got me my missing die! Amazing service from both places!

After all that, I didn't use the die (a flower and foliage sprig combo) on my cake. Instead I was replicating a cake spotted on the cover of my town's local magazine - February 2022 editon of Woodbury Magazine. It features frosting drips so of course I had to buy the coordinating Layer Cake Drip Icing die too!! Hard to see in the online magazine photo but the frosting drips had bitty hearts! I included those, of course, albeit from a different brand's die set. I used the Poppystamps Say it Big sentiment stamp set (with coordinating dies) which I've done oodles  of times since I bought it in May - just love the jumbo script!! I stamped it on the lower tier of the cake's inside so it's revealed when popped-up. I used a stack of oval shadows for the stopper.

 

I considered many different stamps & dies for the creamy poofs on top of the cake. I ended up using the cupcake frosting from an MFT die set for the 3 front ones and the tip of a Cottage Cutz cocoa foam die for the back 2 (since they face the other way). I didn't dare try to put sprinkles on my poofs - afraid I'd mess them up! You can see a card with the full cocoa poof HERE, if desired. My dear friend Connie, more like a sister, received this card for her early August birthday - she loved it!

Still with me for a bonus? Keep reading :)

My friend and sister Diva Arlene (A Bit of This and That) gifted me the Poppystamps Stained Glass Snowflake die. Thanks again, Arlene!! I loved it so much I promptly purchased the matching shadow Stained Glass Snowflake Background & coverplate Stained Glass Snowflake Window dies. For my bonus I made a quick & easy mini snowflake card using the gifted die and its shadow.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio Glitter cardstock
Dies - Poppystamps Stained Glass Snowflake
Other - Michael's gems

To make the card I just cut two outlines and put a little score line near the top to hinge it. Next I cut the snowflake from glitter paper and glued to the top. I stamped the sentiment on the inside of the back piece before I glued the scored part to the bottom, forming the card. Here's a view of the inside:

Stamps on inside from Hero Arts 
Jingle All the Way Stamp & Cut (retired) &
Gingerbread House Stamp & Cut - snowflake at bottom
(as of this writing still available HERE at Frantic Stamper)

Still with me? You could also make this into a gift tag or adhere it to a circle to make it bigger & still make it into a tag. I didn't actually glue it down, but here's how it'd look that way:

Any circle would do, this one's from Hero Arts Nesting Circle Infinity Dies set.

That's it for today. I hope I've inspired you to join the Diva August Shape Your Cards Challenge - you have until 9pm Pacific Time on 8/31/22 to link up! 

Thanks for stopping by!!


9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just love the cake easel card Linda. It's perfect. And your bonus snowflake card is simply adorable.

Jean said...

What a fun take with the die set - you really captured that magazine cover well! And yay for amazing customer service!

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the dripping chocolate icing! Cute cake card and a darling snowflake tag!

Cat Craig said...

What a cool easel card, love it. The snowflake card is darling too.

Cindy C. said...

Very sweet cake card, it sure will bring a smile to anyone's face. And the snowflake mini is darling!!

Greta said...

How creative to make a cake card--love it! The snowflakes are gorgeous--lots of great options!

Rosemary said...

The cake card is so pretty, Linda. But oh my goodness your little snowflake card is so incredibly clever!

Loll said...

Your cake looks delicious Linda! :) Isn't it great when companies go the extra mile to fix any problems. Those are keepers!! LOVE the sweet snowflake you made too. Stamping friends are so generous! xx

Arlene said...

WOW, delicious cake and snowflakes - it can't get much better. Just the snowflake on the matching snowflake background would make a gorgeous gift tag.