Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Squeeking in with a CAS pine

Hey there - I'm supposed to be doing other things but I had a card idea. So, of course, I had to drop everything else! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; 
Paper Studio glitter cardstock
Dies - Hero Arts Fir Trees Infinity Dies
Embossing folder - Sizzix (name unk)
Other - SSS sentiment strip; Paper Studio star gem

When I made a previous card for the August CAS Christmas Challenge (Pines), I had also pulled out my Hero Arts fir tree set. Decided to make a shaped tree card so it would fit both CAS Christmas and the August Let's Squash It! Challenge to use a shaped card with an embossing folder. It's the last hours for CAS Christmas but I made it!

I used a top fold A2 card and hung the die off the top a bit so I'd retain the crease when I die cut. I covered the fold with the tip of the star gem. Next I cut a smaller tree in white and embossed it. The tree embossing folder came with one of those older thick dies - it's around here somewhere... I made it work for the second layer of the HA tree set but the bottom word "Peace" didn't fit. I snipped a "Peace" off a longer sentiment strip and stuck it to my little glittery tree, also from the HA set. Done!

Thanks to these challenges, I'm gradually building my Christmas card stash - still woefully behind but oh well... Thanks for stopping!!





15 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely idea for a shaped card Linda, the star makes perfect camouflage for the fold!

Loll said...

Clever way to use your embossing folder in a new way, Linda! Your shaped tree card is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I just spotted this in our CAS Christmas gallery! So cute, Linda. What a great EF!

Dawn T said...

What a gorgeous card Linda. Love this cute shaped card. I had something in mind but have missed the deadline - glad you made it!

Lin said...

What a great shaped card, Linda - love it!

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done!

Jean said...

Fantastic take on the challenges. The dry embossing on the white really stands out.

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful embossing folder and lovely white tree Linda! So clever to cut the second tree and emboss it - I was wondering how it fit in so nicely - and didn't notice the PEACE wasn't on it! Very creative use of your supplies! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! x

Trina P. said...

This is so cute and creative. Brilliant way to stretch your supplies. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas this month.

Cat Craig said...

So cute and festive, Linda.

Rosemary said...

Super fun shaped card, Linda.

Dotty Jo said...

This is so clever, Linda! I had a similar idea myself, but didn't have the right dies to put it altogether. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! I'm so glad you did, Jo x

Christine Alexander said...

what a great way to use your Christmas tree embossing folder. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥

Greta said...

What a wonderful idea, Linda! Just love this!

EmmaT said...

Such an effective design making a fantastic festive card. Emma