Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Sparkle and Shine!

Hi all - hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Since Tuesday I've been watching this year's Sweet Adelines International contests via webcast. Over 3000 went to Phoenix for the live convention but I stayed home this year. Due to the pandemic we had no convention in 2020 or 2021 so it was amazing to see so many quartets and choruses being able to perform in person again. I'm sad to see the convention webcast end tonight but glad for a new champion quartet The Ladies and chorus Rich-tones.

I managed to make another card today for the September CAS Christmas Challenge. Hideko asks us to use sparkle &/or shine this month so I used a bit of each - a sparkly snowflake and a shiny gold embossed sentiment.

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card;
Paper Studio Glitter Cardstock; Neenah white
Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs Snowflakes
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Classic Christmas Special Kit
Other - Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder;
Villanous Potion Distress Reinker

I couldn't bear to toss the gorgeous purple potion I brewed for the bubble techique I did for an August thank you card. The glass of liquid, complete with straw, has been sitting on the craft table for a couple weeks now & I have to keep reminding myself not to drink it!! If you haven't watched the bubble background video by Christine Stokes, do check it out - so fun!! Anyway, I thought some bubbles would be perfect in the opposite corners of the card before I added my snowflake. I also had the sentiment (stamped, embossed, & fussy cut) sitting on the counter. Thought it would look amazing in the center of the snowflake. That's it - so quick and easy!!

Ready for a bonus? Here you go:

Supplies: Paper - Poptone Black Licorice;
Hero Arts some MMH kit; Paper Studio Glitter Cardstock
Dies - Memory Box Newbury Ornament Vignette (retired);
Poppystamps Basic Ovals; Sizzix Joy (retired)

My earlier entry for the current CAS Christmas challenge used an outline ornament vignette. I later made several others in various colors (no photographs since they were the same design). This left me with a bunch of innards from only using the outline. I cut one more vignette from gold, glued it to a black card which had a gold oval frame on it, then inlaid it using the other colors.  All done, then I realized the oval & ornament vingette were crooked on the card - ugh!! I carefully trimmed around the oval and glued it to a purple (yes, purple) holographic card. That holographic card would have been too overwhelming on its own but I really love the gold framed oval on it!! Added a diecut JOY (trimmed down a bit) - done!

I'm adding the snowflake card to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge too since my snowflake die is new. I ended up buying a bunch of ECD products when they were our sponsor in July, then I shopped the Labor Day sale and just received that package. You'll be seeing more NBUS used soon, I hope!

Thanks for stopping!!



12 comments:

Dawn T said...

two simply stunning cards Linda. Love the purple snowflake and boy, those little ornaments on the second one are just amazing

Cat Craig said...

Just what I love in a festive holiday card...loads of sparkle!

Marcia Hill said...

Two FABULOUS cards Linda! I love your big purple and SPARKLY snowflake on your 1st card and that sentiment is perfect!! Your 2nd card is just as pretty and so dramatic looking against the black! And you've got to love having leftover pieces to make another card!! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at CAS Christmas...you are always such a wonderful supporter of our challenge each month!! Marcia (DT) šŸ’œšŸ’œšŸ’œ

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful cards, especially the large snowflake!!!

Rosemary said...

lovely sparkly cards, linda!

Jean said...

Both are terrific sparkly holiday cards! I'll have to check out the video you mention.

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful sparkly shimmery cards, Linda! Love your purple snowflake!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous and sparkly snowflake card, Linda! Purple/Lavender is my favorite color, and I've never seen such a beautiful shade of purple glitter paper! The shine of the heat-embossed sentiment is pretty, and I love that you added the subtle bubble marks in the corners in matching color.
The ornament card is so pretty and it has lots of sparkle! I agree that the gold frame and the black oval background strike a good balance with the holographic card base. Thank you so much again for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx
p.s. I checked out the websites of Sweet Adelines International contests. Amazing chorus!

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Linda.

Loll said...

Two beautiful and sparkly cards Linda. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Greta said...

I can't keep up with you, Linda--so many great cards! I do love the dry embossing with the angles! Always love sparkle & these 2 show why!

Trina P. said...

These are beautiful. Love tge sparkle and shine. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.