Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 30, 2022

Thanks a Pumpkin Latte!

Hey everyone - Today I'm part of the end of month inspiration at Die Cut Divas. You only have until 9pm Pacific Time to link up to our September Anything Goes Challenge. We're using products from our sponsor STAMPlorations but you can use any brand as long as you include a die cut &/or embossing folder.

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 Card;
BoBunny Double Dots; Doodlebug Swiss Dot
Digi - STAMPlorations Autumn Pumpkin Mug
Stamp - My Favorite Things Perk Up (retired)
Die - Hero Arts Flourish (retired but HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Stencil - Hero Arts Chevron Stencil Pair
Other - Copic Markers; Mustard Seed Distress Ink


I used a larger version of the cup I used in my art journal (see this post if you missed it). I colored it a bit differently and added to an A2 card along with some "steam" (die cut from very light grey dotted paper) and a stamped/fussy cut sentiment. Very fun & simple. Since I had my dot stencil out from my CAS Mix Up entry, I sponged a dot border but without gesso this time.

And now for a bonus! I added to my art journal using some fab digi fall fruit baskets that Diva Arlene (A Bit of This and That) printed for me. 

Supplies: Paper - Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby; Neenah white
Digi - STAMPlorations Thankful for Autumn
Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs Holiday Special Kit (with die);
Hero Arts/Studio Calico collaboration I Love Books (retired);
Cornish Heritage Farms Denim Background (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; black Sharpie; 
Hero Arts Forest Green ink; Memento Rich Cocoa Ink

I colored the baskets with Copics & fussy cut, along with a printed, fussy cut subway art sentiment. The "bloom where you are" sentiment doesn't seem to match the stamped tree and the baskets but I was hoping to include a photo of my apple trees in full bloom. Couldn't find one - darn it. Instead I stamped, die cut and colored the girl image and stamped/colored/fussy cut the young tree image from ECD. I stamped an extra board for the sign and put it facing toward the apples (it says "orchard"). The other signs say "hayride" and "maze", all handwritten. I also added "planted" to the sentiment in my own handwriting - just for fun. Oh, and on my girl image - after coloring with blue Copics, I masked off all but the jeans and stamped the denin background on them using Hero Arts cornflower ink.

The stamped tree under the sentiment comes from a 2011 Hero Arts/Studio Calico book label set that I used for the first time today! Hmmm - 11 years on Mount NBUS, not good. I even had to break the package seal to get into it! I will add my journal page to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge since not only the book label but the small tree and girl are all new.

Hope to see your projects in the Diva gallery! Then be sure to stop back at Die Cut Divas tomorrow for a new challenge & on October 3rd for the announcement of our random winner from September. That winner will receive a code for $20 off Sherry's beautiful digi images at STAMPlorations.

Thanks for stopping by!!



8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Love, love, love that coffee mug Linda. Perfect for your autumn. And what a lovely journal layout too. It's amazing

papierelle said...

The coffee tastes particularly good from such a pretty cup!!!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, what a perfect card for fall.

Jean said...

These are so much fun! The mug perfectly captures this time of year. I love that you broke open a book label set for the journal! I've got a Mount NBUS myself.

Rosemary said...

the coffee mug is so pretty done up in autumn colors, linda. what a fun journal page.

Cindy C. said...

OH how did I miss this post? Love that Pumpkin Mug, it's so beautifully colored. And your journal pages are lovely, I must say "well played"!!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful projects and your colouring is beautiful!

Greta said...

The cup is just gorgeous & I love your baskets, too!