Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 2, 2022

September 2022 Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Hey everyone - October 2nd already! It's time to reveal the cards that went round the world for the September Card Chain Challenge. We had 26 participants; you can see the full reveal HERE. My card went across the pond to the very talented Pia (Pias Papir og Perler) in Norway. 

Supplies: Paper - Paper Cut sage A2 card;
Graphic 45 Time to Flourish; Neenah white;
My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing; 
Momenta watercolor print
Stamp - Hero Arts Butterfly and Flower Stamp & Cut
(retired but HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Ink - Mustard Seed Distress; Versamark
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Music (retired)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop;
My Favorite Things Stitched Flowers & Blueprints 6 (retired)
Other - Ranger Princess gold embossing powder; 
Spellbinders ephemera


Color Palette Option

Sketch Option


Theme Options: Music / Things beginning with or including the letter 'Z' / Friendship


I was going for the colors but somehow I selected a dark orange for the ginger - not sure why....maybe close enough? Luckily, I also used the sketch and two themes - music and friendship. I tried the music running down the quartet of paper strips but they wanted to pull apart along the bottom of the music staffs when I cut them lengthwise, not good! So I used a piece cut in landscape mode. The golden "hello" came from a Spellbinders kit - love those word stickers they include sometimes! I gold embossed the "friend" on white card and tried to stamp a yellow shadow next to the embossing. Oops, smeared so I colored the whole strip yellow. A matching yellow flower found its way onto the scalloped label too!

My card came from the delightful Joy in Colorado who I've known for years through the Hero Arts group. I just love this black/white beauty with all the yummy patterns!! Thanks for the ribbon too, Joy! 


Thanks to Gail and Jo for their work on the Card Chain! You can still sign up for October - you make and send one card then receive a handmade card from the next person on the chain. Just go HERE by October 6th.

Thanks for stopping & happy crafting!


11 comments:

Pia S said...

Linda, thank you so much for this card. It's up on my wallboard in my craftroom. I love how you used the colors (I think they are close enough) and the sketch. A warm and happy, cheerul design.

Jean said...

Great job with the colors and sketch for a terrific friendship card!

Julia Aston said...

Love your polka dotted strips, the embossed music panel and your pretty sentiment circle with the daisy! A sweet card!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card Linda. Love the little music embossed band. It's fabulous. And what a beauty from Joy.

Angelnorth said...

Love the embossed band of music Linda, great way to get that theme in there!

papierelle said...

Your card looks so happy and friendly and great implementation of the sketch and the color challenge.

HilaryJane said...

The red works really well in your colour scheme, so I think it was a good choice. Excellent take on the sketch. Love the black and white one you received too xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the colours you used-great take on the sketch -love the monochrome one you received from Joy too
Carol x

Rosemary said...

Fun take on the colors and sketch, Linda.

Joy Meadows said...

Linda, your card with the polka dot strips is so pretty! I love it. And just wanted to say that I enjoyed making a black and white card for a change. It was a really fun card to make.

Greta said...

Love how you used the sketch & colors for your card to Pia! Really fun black & white card from Joy!