Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Hero Arts MMH Make Along for the Sept 2022 kit

Hey everyone - hope you've had a great weekend! I spent a couple hours today doing a Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Make Along. A pair of HA designers (Channin & Kelly today) come online (either Facebook or YouTube) and each make a card using the previous month's kit. Here are the two cards I made:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio holiday;
scrap of black; Hero Arts Plum
Stamps & dies - Hero Arts 0922 My Monthly Hero Kit
Other - Copic Markers; Distress Inks; Versamark Ink;
white embossing powder; white gel pen

Sorry - too lazy to photograph them separately. Here's the link to the Hero Arts blog post where you can find the instructions. I watched on Facebook - the recording is HERE if you'd like to watch. I used the bold print background for the bottom card; Channin didn't use it on hers. I also chose a different sentiment from the kit. I made my top card horizontal - Kelly's was portrait. I also used some foam tape on my left of the two bouquets.

I'd never participated in one of these kit make-alongs until now. Will have to do another - it certainly made me get into my kit more quickly!! Since it's getting first play today, I'll add the green card (first one) to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for stopping!!



10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely fall cards, Linda!

Sue - said...

Two lovely autumnal cards! Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

papierelle said...

A very beautiful and colorful autumn card!!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Linda. So much fun to be able to play along with others.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards, Linda. Sometimes it is such fun to craft along with others even if its online. Hope you enjoyed the experience.

Greta said...

Beautiful Fall cards & good for you using your kit!

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, linda.

Cindy C. said...

Both very nice!!

Jean said...

Both are terrific and nicely capture the spirit of the season.

Trina P. said...

Wonderful autumn thank you cards.