Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Layered Snow Globe & another Nutcracker

Yay - it's the weekend! Since I posted for Die Cut Divas yesterday, I saved that HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive card to share with today's card. 

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Hero Arts glitter;
BoBunny Woodland Winter 6x6
Other Speckled Egg Distress Ink; Copic BG70; Paper Studio gems;
Tarnished Brass Distress Stain; Simon Says Stamp sentiment strip

I used a new snow globe die for a previous HeroFest card; today I used an older, smaller, layered snowglobe. Just die cut and assemble - love it!! Too much white? Lots of Neenah here; only the deer was cut with glitter white. I shaded with a BG70 Copic for some contrast on the rest of it. I sponged Speckled Egg Distress ink for my sky & colored the base with Tarnished Brass Distress Stain. Gave my deer a red gem for his nose. The snow globe set comes with a snowflake cluster but I added some extras from a fave Sunny Studio set, plus a few clear gems.


Here's the card I made yesterday. I used the nutcracker background stamp and nutcracker die again - so fun. I wasn't going to put the die cut nutcracker on at all (there's a little one on the sentiment strip) but decided the card needed something. This time he's cut with Hero Arts holiday glitter paper - love this paper & thank Hero Arts for sending it!! The green strip is a bit of leftover embossed grass from the other day's fall birthday card; you can't even tell - just looks textured.


Supplies: Paper - Spellbinder's A2 cards; Paper Studio maroon & green;
Authentique Christmas Essentials patterned; Hero Arts Glitter (currently sold out)
Dies - Hero Arts Sentiment Strips;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Paper Studio Christmas stickers



I'm adding my snowglobe to the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything

Off to go shopping & have lunch with a friend. Thanks for stopping by & I hope you have a crafty weekend!!


9 comments:

Jean said...

These are both a delight. Your backgrounds nicely reinforce the focal images.

Cat Craig said...

Love them both, the textures the diecuts give are fantastic.

Cindy C. said...

Delightful cards!!

Lisa Elton said...

Two amazing cards, Linda! The Nutcraker is fun! What a great background you gave him!

CinnamonSally said...

Two brilliant cards Linda, love them both.

Rosemary said...

Another wonderful set of Christmas cards, Linda. Hero Arts is going to be so thrilled with all the cards you are sending them.

papierelle said...

And another beautiful snow globe!!!

Kate Deignan said...

Love the white diecuts! Thanks for entering the challenge!

Ceal said...

Love the snowglobe! thanks for entering the HA stay crafty challenge.