Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Holiday Pattern with Hero Paste!

Hey crafty friends - sick of me yet? I'm back with another card for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive. Today I'm playing again with Hero Arts Holiday Pattern Stencil. I used Hero Paste for the first time, though, & love, love, love it!! I bought a pack of three and started with the glitter one - so shimmery in person.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Tim Holtz kraft Metallic;
 Paper Studio vellum & glitter
Dies A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Hero Arts Christmas Holidays Stamp & Cut XL (sentiment)
Stamp/Die Bundle - Cozy Penguin
Stencil - Hero Arts Sprinkled Dots &  Holiday Pattern
Other - Hero Arts Hero Paste Glitter;
Worn Lipstick Distress Ink; Copic Markers



I die cut a stitched rectangle from Neenah white and stenciled the dots with what was supposed to be speckled egg but I guess I had some residual purple on the craft sheet. Loved the color so went with it. Next I stenciled the Holiday Pattern using the glitter Hero Paste. Once dry I sponged Worn Lipstick Distress Ink over the white panel - really helped reveal the gorgeous pattern. You can see an example of this holiday pattern in clear embossing paste HERE

Glued the panel to an A2 card, added the sentiment (vellum outline, silver shadow & purple glitter letters). I used this sentiment die yesterday for the first time and loved it. Decided to use vellum for the outline so the pattern wouldn't be totally covered. 

I had the idea to put winter accessories from the penguin set around the sentiment. I trimmed off the dangle down part of the scarf and tucked it in behind the other tail. Used a white gel pen to cover the border where I'd cut the dangling tail. The scarf and hat were colored with Copics. Unless I stamp some more accessories, one of my extra penguins from the other day will end up naked - yikes! But all for a good cause since I liked how this turned out.

I'm adding my card to two challenges - Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything and to the Happy Little Stampers October Challenge Stencil Challenge which I found through my friends Hilary (Fiddling About) & sister Diva Sue (foleysfriend). You can see Hilary's gorgeous card for this challenge HERE and Sue's HERE (she's on the HLS team).

I'm off to practice my latest story for the Thursday class I'm taking on storytelling - this one's about being afraid of bees (live ones, not stamped ones - LOL). Wish me luck!








9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, you're doing great getting cards made for the drive. So festive and fun. Look forward to each new card.

HilaryJane said...

Goo luck with your story. Love the addition of the spots to your background xx

Jean said...

Very fun. I'll have to check out the paste. Your design is delightful!

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the polka dots! Cute card, Linda... and never sick of you!

papierelle said...

Just beautiful and very festive!!

Cindy C. said...

So clever and so fun!

Angelnorth said...

Love the layering up here and I bet it’s super sparkly in real life! Hope the class is fun — bzzzz! Do you listen to The Moth Radio Hour, by the way? Great story telling!

foleysfriend said...

Super fun Christmas card. Loving the way you incorporated polka dots onto your card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

sue n.

Michelle Lupton said...

Love your layered stenciling! Thanks for playing along with Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero :)