Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, October 28, 2022

Lifestyle Santa with Sleigh

Woo Hoo - TGIF! I'm looking forward to a late lunch out; but first, the latest "masterpiece". If you follow me, you know that's what I call cards that take significant time with loads of details. So here's today's card for the HeroFest Holiday Cheer Card Drive using some left over toys the Merry Rockin' Horse Bundle, along with Santa & his sleigh. 

Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Winter Wishes; Paper Studio; 
Hero Arts glitter cardstock; Neenah Solar White; TH kraft metallic
Stamps/Dies - Hero Arts Merry Rockin' Horse Bundle &
Cozy Penguin Bundle 
Dies - Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
My Favorite Things Essential Speech Bubbles
Stamps - Hero Arts Hero Lifestyle Faces
Other - Copic Markers; white gel pen; foam tape; SSS Sentiment Strip

I ordered the basic Lifestyle paper doll set back in February and have steadily added accessories (see other dolls with different clothes HERE & HERE). For the holidays, Hero Arts released the adorable Hero Lifestyle Christmas Figures to turn your paper doll into Santa or Mrs. Claus or an elf. I started with Santa but already have some parts die cut for the other figures. How cute?!!

I die cut the doll and all additions & assembled. Stamped his face before I added the hair and beard, then drew some white eyebrows with a gel pen. Next I die cut Santa's sleigh once from green and once from silver metallic, trimmed off the silver and added atop the green. Also gave it a snowflake from the Cozy Penguin Bundle. I stamped & die cut the teddy bear, drum & blocks images the Merry Rockin' Horse Bundle the other day when I made a rocking horse card. Decided they'd be cute in the sleigh. Colored everything with Copics. Assembled - done!

I'm adding my Santa & Sleigh card to Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero's October Challenge Merry Everything. Also to Darnell's October NBUS Challenge since my Christmas Figures dies were used for the first time here!

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!





8 comments:

Jean said...

Absolutely fabulous! Wonderful details throughout!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your masterpiece, Linda! Looks like Santa has slimmed down, good for him!

Cindy C. said...

OH what a fun card!

Michelle Peckham said...

So fun and festive! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

papierelle said...

A very sporty Santa Claus ... ;-) and another very nice Christmas card. I love the sled with the nice gifts.

HilaryJane said...

What a fun card and a real masterpiece. Love those dies. I am also loving your new staging props for your photos. They work a treat. I hope you enjoyed your lunch out xx

Cat Craig said...

Love that Santa, LInda. Glad you you are still working away on these donation cards.

Kailash said...

Love this one too!