Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Ouch!

Hey crafty friends - I'm back with another paper doll card - this time for a young friend who broke her leg. Ouch!

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; Tim Holtz kraft;
Doodlebug Swiss Dots Rainbow Petite & some scraps
Stamps - Hero Arts Lifestyle Faces  
Dies - Hero Arts Lifestyle Forms;
Taylored Expressions Easy Strips 1/8"
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Other - white gel pen

You may remember my sister's honorary niece Jerriah who has played along in SSS Summer Kids Challenge (see HERE & HERE). She visited my parents on Saturday and it was great to see her; then she went home and fell on her stairs - poor dear! Now she'll be in a long cast for many weeks. 

I was thinking what kind of card to make for her. Hmmm - decided a paper doll would be cute with a cast on her leg. I had some rolled bandage that sticks to itself - perfect to simulate a cast! I hand cut the crutches. If you missed my earlier paper doll, go HERE if interested. I love the Spellbinders alphabet I'm using for only the second time (got it in 2020...). What a great value and it's on sale now so even better! Hard to see but I added a black shadow to each letter.

Hope you're enjoying your week! I need to get busy on Easter cards, then more Christmas cards for the stash. How are you doing with yours?

Thanks for visiting!!

12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Oh no, that doesn't sound good. Your card is perfect and very clever, love how you have simulated the plaster, but I hope that in real life she isn't plastered over her whole leg. Great expression too xx

Lisa Elton said...

Poor kid! This cute card of yours is sure to cheer her up!

Cat Craig said...

The ultimate in a personalized card. She should love it. So creative, Linda.

Dawn T said...

Great card Linda. Perfect for someone who has a broken leg.

papierelle said...

Stupid thing, but this card will put a smile on her face and help with a speedy recovery.

Lin said...

How clever this is, Linda! She will love it!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Linda such a clever idea and perfect for the invalid! I am sure Jerriah will love it!!

Rosemary said...

this fun card is sure to make her feel lots better, linda!

Trina P. said...

Cool and creative card perfect for your poor niece. Hope she’s doing better and on the mend.

Greta said...

So incredibly creative & cute, Linda! Hope she has a full recovery!

Jean said...

What a creative "get well" card!

Pia S said...

I loved paper dolls as a kid, and so I'm very drawn to this design. I'm sure this is a fun set to play with. A fun, sweet card, for sure.