Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Fuzzy Bunny

Happy Sunday everybody - it's turning into a lovely spring day! Instead of heading out into it, I started working on a card inspired by challenge #19 at Let's Squash It!!. Gail & Jo asked for embossing with geometric/repeating patterns.

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 Card; Michael's green;
Neenah Solar White; various colored scraps for eggs
Embossing folder - Spellbinders Diamond Plaid
Stamps - Frantic Stamper Spring Bold Sentiments
Dies - Frantic Stamper Fuzzy Bunny & Spring Bold Sentiments Matchers;
Poppystamps Folk Decorated Eggs (retired)
Other - sparkle gel pen; Copic Markers (R00, R20, C1);
Tree House Studio googly eyes & Park Lane gem;
Hero Arts inks

I got a big box from Spellbinders last week and was eager to use a new-to-me embossing folder. Luckily it matched perfectly with Let's Squash It's April theme! I die cut green cardstock with a stitched rectangle, then embossed it and ran a green ink pad across the raised sections. Adhered to card base. I already had a pile of die cut eggs - the set comes with 9 egg dies and I didn't cut them apart. I just die cut the entire set each time & for this year used 9 different scrap papers.

The bunny and sentiment are from the Frantic Stamper March 2022 release - just received these Friday and had already die cut my bunny. Picked up some oval googly eyes at Hobby Lobby yesterday because the die cuts the bunny's oval eyes totally out. I didn't want to bother inlaying the die cut pieces so I covered the holes with a circle on the back of Mr. Bunny and glued on the googly eyes. I did inlay the nose and bits on the feet, again first covering the holes with a piece on the back. It was easier than I thought it was going to be! The sentiment set is fabulous and I love all the matching dies. The Easter Wishes die cuts one piece but I trimmed it into two. While stamping I somehow got an ink splotch right in the middle - hate when that happens!

Arranged an egg pile for Mr. Bunny to sit on and gave him an egg to hold. Done! I'm also adding this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #37 since the everything but the Easter eggs is brand spankin' new.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!

 




14 comments:

JoAnn said...

Such a cute bunny with all his colorful eggs. Love your embossed background and the way you highlighted the raised lines with the green ink.
Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my anniversary card.
Have a wonderful day.
JoAnn

papierelle said...

What a cute little Easter Bunny and how busy he was. You have designed a very charming card.

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Easter bunny card Linda.

Rosemary said...

super cute easter card, linda!

Darnell said...

I love how good you are at using your NBUS straight off, Linda! And I love the little scene you created with the bunny, giving him a pile of eggs to sit on and one to hold! The googly eyes were a great idea, too. The whole design and texture from the e/f are fantastic! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

Super cute Easter bunny! Great use of texture.

Cat Craig said...

So cute and that elf is perfect!

Jeanne H said...

A really cute and creative card, Linda.

Pia S said...

What a great looking embossed pattern! The ink on the raised pattern enhances it so well. Cute Easter bunny and scene:)

Greta said...

Love that embossing folder & the bunny is so cute!

Trina P. said...

Adorable and another fabulous geometric EF card.

Dotty Jo said...

Isn't this fun, I love that crazy looking bunny! Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It, Linda, Jo x

Robyn Oliver said...

Super fun card Linda...lovely die cut bunny and set off with those googly eyes

ionabunny said...

OMG your fuzzy bunny is adorable. Love that plaid folder too. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!! Hugz