Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Tic Tac Toe with Joy Clair Designs!

Hey crafty friends - today I'm sharing at Die Cut Divas for our April Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. We're using fabulous Joy Clair Designs products this month but you can use any brand. Just remember to use a die or embossing folder for your design, plus a row from the board. Our sponsor has amazing digital stamps and asked us to work with the latest ones. 

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders; Poptone Black;
Anchor Paper green; Paper Studio glitter paper
Digital Stamps - Joy Clair Designs Always in Style 
OtherCopic Markers; white gel pen; Park Lane gems



I used the left vertical row for my project. Thanks to Arlene (A Bit of This and That) for printing me the floral panel - still no working printer at my house... I colored the image with Copic Markers and die cut the panel. The sentiment was printed on the panel already so I just added a few gems for interest. I die cut a glitter frame using two rectangles then inlaid the floral panel. Added it to a postal stamp diecut with just a bit showing for some texture. Layered it onto a black mat and onto the white card - done! 

Now for a bonus card using wonderful stamps I just bought from Joy Clair Designs. I didn't read our sponsor info carefully and had purchased three clear stamp sets to use - oops! Oh well, wanted them anyway. I was especially eager to use a new sympathy set. A dear friend from my Sweet Adelines world passed away recently and I sent this card to her family. Ferne and I started as pen pals nearly 25 years ago, then we met in person at many conventions. RIP Ferne!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb;
Anchor Paper; Paper Studio glitter paper; Hero Arts Pitch Black
Stamps - Joy Clair Heartfelt SympathyWish Big, & 
Embossing Folder - Taylored Expressions Weathered
Dies - Hero Arts Chain Linked;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Versamark Ink; Ranger Seafoam White ep; 
Copic Markers; foam tape

I'm squeeking by on the left vertical row with 2+ Layers, Yellow and Flowers. When I made this card, somehow I only remembered the layering part & totally forgot about tic-tac-toe!! Luckily I used flowers & two of them are yellow...that's enough! Since my clear stamps got first play here, I'm adding to Darnell's April NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll join our April Diva challenge! Our random winner will receive 3 digital stamp sets.



11 comments:

papierelle said...

You show us two very nice cards. I would also like to take part in this challenge. I hope I can make it in time.

Cindy C. said...

Both cards wonderful Linda. I am sorry about your friend's passing.

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are gorgeous, I am bit biased as I love flowers. Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Hugs.

Lisa Elton said...

Playing catch up with all of your wonderful cards, Linda! I'm so sorry about your friend's passing.

Rosemary said...

both cards are so pretty, linda. the coloring is beautiful! so sorry for the loss of your friend. her family will be comforted by your card.

Arlene said...

Both cards are beautiful. Sorry you have to use a sympathy card for a dear friend. We make them, but we never want to use them.

Jean said...

Your paper choices for the backgrounds and frames really add to the overall beauty of these cards. So sorry for the loss of your friend.

HilaryJane said...

Two truly lovely cards. I love the framing layers on the first and that gorgeous textured background on your second xx

Bobby said...

Thanks for inspiring others by sharing your cards at NBUS, Linda.

Loll said...

Two fabulous cars Linda. Love the framing of your first flower card ... the gold really looks amazing with the yellow blooms. And such a fabulous second card with lots of texture and a little bling as well. So sorry to hear about your friend's passing. Sending hugs, Loll.

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, Linda! Always sad to loose an old friend. I know her family appreciates your card.