Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Last Day of Tic-Tac-Toe at Die Cut Divas!

Hi everyone - I'm part of the last day post at Die Cut Divas for our April Challenge. We have a tic-tac-toe board for some fun and you have until 9pm PST to play along. The Design Team is playing with digis from our sponsor Joy Clair Designs but you can use any supplies. Just be sure to include a die or embossing folder for your project along with the theme. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Spelbinders A2 card; Poptone Black;
My Favorite Things Petite Gingham
Digital stamps - Joy Clair Designs Truly Inspire
Dies - A Jillian Vance Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
My Favorite Things Blueprints 2
Other - Hero Arts Spring Enamels Stickers;
Copic Markers (R22/24/46/59)


I used the diagonal lower left to upper right: Flowers, Friendship, Red. Thanks to teamie Arlene (A Bit of This and That) for sending the digi prints (again, no working printer). I fussy cut the two blossoms from Joy Clair Designs Truly Inspire & colored the first one with shades of red Copic Markers. Decided to leave the second in outline. Trimmed the sentiment block into three parts, put foam tape behind the top & bottom one. Die cut a rectangle from a gingham paper & a mat layer from black, added to the card base & then the rest of the elements. Done!

Now for a bonus card using some wonderful Joy Clair clear stamps & the left vertical row:

Supplies: Paper - Penny Black Painted Blooms; Neenah white;
BoBunny Serendipity Collection; Hero Arts Pitch Black;
Paper Studio teal card
Stamps - Joy Clair Designs
Dies - Hero Arts Museum Frame
Other - Star Dust Stickles; Copic Markers; Park Lane gems; white pen

In March I read Jodi Picoult's Wish You Were Here. The protagonist learns to appreciate life in new ways (I won't say how) - loved this book!! That's my inspiration for this card using flowers and sentiment from Wish Big. I stamped and colored the garden scene, framed it and added to several layers of paper. Hard to read in the photo but the sentiment reads "Life is Beautiful" - so true!

Thanks for visiting and hope to see you in the April gallery!



10 comments:

papierelle said...

On the first card, I love the contrast between the red and white bloom...beautiful!!
And the second map looks like in my garden. So many flowers are blooming at the moment and the butterflies are already there.

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Linda. Love the fantastic red flower against the gingham. Your garden on the second card is so lovely.

Pia S said...

I love checkered and plaid paper, this one gives a nice rustic feel and it stands in nice contrast with the red flower.
I had to click on the link for the museum photo frame, love its design and your card is fresh spring and summerlike.

HilaryJane said...

Both cards are very special, love the gingham on the first and those amazing flowers on the second xx

Cat Craig said...

I recognize that Museum frame...love it in black makes such a statement and your first card with the bold bloom and the gingham...fab!

Lisa Elton said...

The gingham is a wonderful background for those pretty blooms! Such a lovely card, Linda. You had me with that fabulous polka dotty bokeh background on your second card! It's fabulous too!

Cindy C. said...

Both so lovely, I especially like how you colored the first one!

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful set of cards, linda! love those big bold blooms on the first card.

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring on the first card & lovely second card!

Jean said...

Wonderful use of the tic-tac-toe to create two distinct and elegant cards.