Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Poppies for Mother's Day

Hello friends - sorry I've been missing in action! My April 21st post was scheduled ahead of time, thankfully. That's the day my sweet mom passed from this world to the next - may she rest in peace. Mom won't be here for Mother's Day but I was thinking of her while making this card. It'll go to her sister, my second mom.

Supplies: Paper - Anchor Paper grey linen; Neenah Solar White;
Poptone Black; Paper Studio glitter; Momenta Watercolor print
Dies - Spellbinders Christmas Foliage Strip & Borders and
Asters and Poppies (retired) but available HERE;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Hero Arts Christmas Trimmings (retired)
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Many Minis - Holidays (retired)

I die cut the poppy after spotting the April Day of the Month Card Club challenge. It was California Poppy Day on April 6th so the team decided to celebrate that flower all month long. I thought their inspiration photo & cards were so beautiful! I found the bow made up in my UFO box & had just die cut a white test piece with a new Spellbinders border die. It's a large slimline die but I cut the panel with a stitched rectangle to layer onto my watercolor print panel. Thought it would all work together.

The border die is from the Spellbinders November 2021 Large Die of the Month Club. I have way too many club sets that haven't even been opened but I managed to try this one. Since it got first play here, I'm also adding my card to Darnell's April NBUS Challenge.

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful day!






13 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Deepest sympathies, Linda on the passing of your mother. My heart goes out to you. A cyber hug to you.

Pia S said...

I'm so sorry about your mom, my condolences. I think you made a special card with your mom in your thoughts, the colors feels right for a symptahy card, so beautiful with silhouette and little bow.

Rosemary said...

Oh, Linda! I'm so sorry for your loss! Your aunt will love this beautiful card inspired by your mom!

papierelle said...

My deepest sympathies!! It's a nice idea to make the card in memory of your mum and give it to your aunt. I am very pleased that you are showing this very personal card at DotMCC. I hope the crafting and your creativity will help you get over the loss. Gundi

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card Linda - this Mother's Day will be hard with your Mom's passing still so raw..... My heartful thoughts to you and your siblings.
Take care my friend.

Cat Craig said...

Mothers Day's are are hard without our Mom's. I celebrate my MIL, my Dad's new wife and my besties. Your card is gorgeous, I love the die cut panel, so delicate and pretty.

HilaryJane said...

I am so sorry to hear you have lost your Mum, that is always traumatic. Your card is stunning, love that border die xx

Mac Mable said...

Sending heartfelt hugs for your loss Linda x. Your card is beautiful and made from the heart x.

Loll said...

Hi Linda. I'm so sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. Sending hugs to you and your family. What a lovely tribute to send to your sister. Take care. xx

Darnell said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's death, Linda. Your Aunt will cherish the beautiful Mother's Day card you had made for your mom. I love that border and how you paired the pretty background with the black silhouette poppies. The bow is the perfect punctuation! Heartfelt hugs, Darnell

Rosmarie said...

My heartfelt condolences. So sorry to hear the lost of your mom! You made a very beautiful and elegant card! Sure your second mom will like it! Thank you so much for joining DotMCC despite your heartache. Rosi xx

Greta said...

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your mom, Linda. I know how hard that is. Wishing you comfort & peace. Your aunt will treasure the beautiful card made with your mom in mind. Hugs, Greta

Jean said...

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your mother's death. Thinking of you and your family and sending a hug. Your combination on the card is lovely and how nice that you'll be able to send it to your aunt.