Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Simon Says Stamp Summer Vacation: Kids Challenge

Hey everyone - my "satellite" studio at my parents' house got a workout yesterday. Sister Kari had her surrogate niece Jerriah, now 11, over for card making which they both love. I was crafting with sister Tami but got the full report with photos by text. I mentioned that Simon Says Stamp was doing its Kids Summer Vacation Challenge again this year with the theme of Sparkle &/or Shine. Jerriah loves her sparkle and went right away for the glitter paper! Here she is with her card (she wore her mask all day but wanted to pop it off for a quick photo!):


Here's a shot of her working intently on the sentiment:


Here's a closer look at the finished card and the card back. Jerriah was in the mood for flowers so stamped the back before adding her initials. She had a pile of Distress Oxide inks to enjoy!

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts A2 card (retired); 
Lawn Fawn Spring Fling 6x6; Paper Studio Glitter Paper
Dies - Hero Arts DI080 Thank You Fancy Die (retired)
Stamps by Hero Arts (all retired; not sure of the sets)

I'm glad I left a sizeable stash, including many dies, for Kari and Jerriah to play with! I'm entering Jerriah and her card in the SSS challenge - thanks to SSS for hosting!! If you want to see what Jerriah did last year, go here.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!

12 comments:

Lin said...

Linda, you're a jewel for letting Jeriah know about our kids' challenge!

Jeriah, your card is gorgeous, love your mix of that pretty floral background with the large sparkly sentiment! Well done, thanks so much for joining us, and good luck!!

!neke said...

Great card !
Groeten Ineke

Jean said...

Sounds like a fun day! And the result is sparkly and shiny!

Rosemary said...

Jerriah's card is so pretty and I just love how she finished off the back!

Trina P. said...

Way to go Jericho! 👏👏👏 The sparkle is beautiful.

Greta said...

That is one serious cardmaking girl! She's a cutie & love her sweet card!

Maura said...

Jerriah, your card is beautiful! I love your glitzy words and how you framed it with the pretty papers. Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Kids Challenge! Maura

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card! LOVE that glittery sentiment! Thank You so much for playing along with our Kids Challenge at SSSWC! /Karin

Misty Elam said...

Your card is beautiful and so are you!! Both sides are so pretty, I love that glittery Thank you and the cheerful flowers on the back. Great job, Jerriah!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge.
Hugs,
Misty

andygranick said...

Awesome job!!!! I hope to see more cards you make.

Jo Nevill said...

Love your gorgeous, sparkly card !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Kids Challenge !

Lorraine A said...

Gorgrous card Jerriah :-) I love the sparkle and whole design of this, beautifully done :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x