Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Twelve Days of Christmas!

Don't worry - I'm not posting twelve cards, although it sounds rather fun!! No, it's the current CAS Christmas Challenge theme - 12 Days of Christmas! You basically can use any element to tie into the song. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts pool (retired) formed to A7;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb; Ms Sparkle & Co Woodgrain Neutral
Silhouette Designs - Design ID 280002 Partridge in a Pear Tree Ornament (Carina Gardinar) 
& Design ID 166786 12 Days of Christmas List (Kolette Hall)
Stamps - Hero Arts CL354 Let the Angels Sing (retired) - musical notes
S5100 Woodgrain Pattern (on tree trunk)
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; black gem; white gel pen; gold washi

When the challenge was announced on the 3rd I was visiting my sister in Arizona. There was nothing in the crafty stash there to fit the challenge, nor did we find anything at her local stamping store. I found some Silhouette designs online, though, which I promptly downloaded. Didn't have my Silhouette with me so had to wait til I returned home to arrange & cut the files. On Monday I connected my Silhouette and nothing happened, it wouldn't go to Ready status. Arrgghh!! Troubleshot it and success!!

As usual, I cut everything in white cardstock and colored to suit. That took some time, plus I had chorus rehearsal on Zoom last night. Finally finished early this morning. Hope it's CAS enough - my "white space" has the wood planking but I couldn't resist it!! I used some pear and partridge images online for my coloring inspiration - not perfectly realistic but I thought I did ok. Not sure where the gold washi came from but I added it to ground the tree after I took a photo without it. Do you ever do that - photograph then decide it "needs something"??

Thanks for stopping and thanks to the CAS Christmas team for inspiration and a fun challenge!! You have until the 24th to play along so check it out! Limit of three entries so I guess I couldn't get all twelve days in anyway...

10 comments:

Jean said...

This is fantastic - nice use of the motif!

Cindy C. said...

Oh this is so cute!!!

Rosemary said...

oh what a fun design, linda! love it!

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute take on the challenge, Linda! I love how you played with the sentiment and your pear tree is so charming! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

Dawn T said...

Adorable card Linda. Great use of your silhouette machine.

Betty said...

Fantastic card, Linda - with your silhouette you could probably make all 12 days!

Greta said...

What a fun card, Linda! Great idea to ground the tree with the Washi!

Loll said...

This is such a fun card Linda! LOVE the images and your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful modern design pear tree and partridge Linda! Love the colors and curved text sentiment! The woodgrain and musical notes make a great background for it all! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda what a great colourful partridge in a pear tree. I love your layout so modern and cool. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas