Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Floral Cover Plate

Hey friends - I'm back with another card for the Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge #13! For this challenge we're finding inspiration in the Creativebug/Hero Arts video tutorials (A Card a Day with Hero Arts) featuring Hero Arts Designer Libby Hickson (Libby's Little Addiction). Right now you can view all 31 tutorials without a Creativebug subscription. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Kraft card from Hero Arts January 2020 kit
Strathmore 140lb Watercolor Paper; Neenah white;
Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips Birthday
Other - Yasutomo watercolors; Honey Bee Gems;
Copic Black Multiliner; Gelly Roll white pen


I used Libby's Day 9 technique of using a cover die. I die cut the Flower Garden from watercolor paper and water colored it. After it dried thoroughly, I added a second white die cut layer behind for dimension. Mounted the panel to a kraft card, added the sentiment strip and some gems - done!!

If you haven't watched the tutorials, please consider them while they're available for free! I've watched them all and will probably pop in again - they're short and concise; perfect for a quick review. There's plenty of inspiration to be found with Libby and Hero Arts - thanks to both for creating them and to Creativebug for the free access!!

I'm also adding this card to Darnell's NBUS challenge since my Flower Garden die just got its first play. If you'd like to see more inspiration with this cover die, check out my friends' beautiful creations: Lin's here & here and Betty's here. Thanks for the enabling, Lin and Betty! Thanks to you for visiting!

Grab our badge to display on your blog.

7 comments:

Lin said...

Good morning, Linda! I think this is one of my favorite current Hero Arts products - I smile everytime I use it! Your colors look lovely against the kraft background, hadn't thought to try this. Thanks for the mention, too, my friend!

Betty said...

your card is lovely, Linda - love that cover plate (need to get it out again and have a play with it) - and thanks for the shout out!

Zoechaos said...

So bright and cheerful, you card is wonderful x

Jean said...

Stunning - the kraft background is perfect choice.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cover die Linda. Love the great colours on your die.

Greta said...

What a beautiful card, Linda! For some reason, I couldn't figure out how to get to those videos. You made great use of the one you watched!

Rosemary said...

oh that cover plate die is so pretty, linda! love the way you colored it up for this pretty card!