Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, August 21, 2020

Twofer Moon

TGIF!!! Or as Darnell and her hubby would say "Wait, is it Friday again?" I'm one of the guest designers this month over at Darnell's Twofer Challenge where the theme is Sun/Moon. The other GD is the talented Mac Mable (The Sweetest of Peas). For my challenge launch cards on the 10th I used a sun image. Then I was out shopping (big surprise) the other day and spotted the gorgeous Hero Arts Star Light Star Bright cling stamp. It's the night sky with a crescent moon. Had to pick it up and give it a go for this challenge. Here's my Moon Twofer:



 

I started by stamping the entire image twice using various blue inks and varying pressure to get a more natural sky look to it. I cut one panel into a horizontal rectangle and the other into a vertical square to put behind a window diecut. Here's a closer look at each with supply list:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Fireweed cardstock - January 2020 My Monthly Hero Kit
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired);
WeR Memory Keepers Rectangle Labels
Other - Hero Arts inks and heart gem; Wink of Stella

Once I had my horizontal rectangle panel finished, what to do with it? I considered it as a background for a tent image from the August My Monthly Hero kit - but for what occasion? Then I thought about a rocket image - hmm, didn't want to go looking for it. Then the globe image popped into my head when I spotted the sentiment in my Christmas stash - perfect & I knew right where to find it! Thought this would make an unusual Christmas card! Funny thing about the label I used. I always have a huge pile of these (the strip die cuts 5 at a time) to use for my "handmade by" on a card back. I usually stamp about 20 at a time but I had a pile of blanks - tried one and liked it! I colored the earth using internet inspiration photos but it's a bit lame, oh well... 

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
DCWV Ms Sparkle & Co A2 card & Woodgrain Neutral;
Poptone Black Licorice;
Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips Birthday
Stamps - Hero Arts CG755 Star Light Star Bright Bold Print and 
Nov 2019 My Monthly Hero Kit (sold out) - dog w/matching die
Dies - Art Impressions Window Die ;
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape

Many others have done it, but I wanted to try a window view of the sky & had a darling Art Impressions die for it. I may have used it once but I couldn't find any photos of a previous card with it. Very cute die, in any event! Was going to put a wing-backed chair beside the window (see a card with one here) but I couldn't find that stamp set. Then I thought of an animal and remembered a cute dog from the November 2019 MMH kit - there's another kit that hasn't seen any play til now!! I have a pile of sentiment strips cut up from Simon Says Stamp and I thought this birthday one was kinda funny - like a bday card to ET or something! 😀😀I colored the doggy in the same taupe family as the card but wonder if he's too plain? Maybe I'll turn it into a she and give her a jeweled collar...

Will also add my card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #17 since my sky and dog stamps both got first play. Remember, you have until the 24th (11:55 PST) to play along at the current Twofer and until the end of the month for NBUS. Thanks to Darnell for both challenges and for having me as a guest at Twofer this month!!

Have a great weekend and thanks for the visit!!

11 comments:

Betty said...

great twofer, Linda - especially love the window card!

Trina P. said...

Terrific twofers, Linda. The window view is a fabulous idea and with that cute dog, you should enter this at ABNH where this month’s challenge is cute! 😉 Congrats again on GD at Twofer this month.

Darnell said...

You're very kind, Linda, and very supportive to make another Twofer, this time using an amazing new moon! I can see why you bought it and I love what you did with it for both your designs. Your night sky is really sensational and you sell yourself too short when it comes to your globe coloring. I love it and think the whole design makes an awesome Christmas card! I also love your birthday card with the little French window partially open to let in the cool night air and a view of the schparkly night sky! The rustic siding is great! As for your sweet dog, she is a white Golden Retriever! I just recently learned there is such a thing when we saw one on our walk ~ she looked just like this! Thank you for entering another GD Twofer! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Two terrific twofers Linda. That HA stamp is awesome. Good buy! Lovely cards

Cat Craig said...

Linda, how fabulous to see a second set of designs from you for this months twofer challenge. that sliver of a moon is delightful in both of your designs. thank you so much for supporting the challenge with another set of cards.

Zoechaos said...

Well that starlight crescent moon stamp is just wonderful, what a great find. Two terrific makes with it so glad we don't have to choose! x

Jean said...

Both are terrific!

Shawna said...

I don't think the way you depicted the earth is 'lame'. I think it is a fantastic interpretation of our planet. I think it is represented beautifully.

Greta said...

You're a great GD, Linda! Wonderful moon cards--both of them!

Happy Dance said...

What a beautiful stamp! Your starry sky reminds me of being in northern Wisconsin and looking at what seems to be a million stars hanging in the blue-black. And this moon will always make me smile...When my boys were little, they called this a "potato chip moon," as they explained, if you look at the edge of a chip, it has a crescent shape. Love the earth, and it's not one bit lame! Perfect Christmas card!! Love the window card, with that sweet pup under the window. Perfect paper, and the blues really pop. "ET phone home..." You've made me smile again! Thanks for being Guest Designing for us this month at the Twofer Challenge! Stay safe. Bev

Rosemary said...

another great set of cards for the challenge, linda! you are really rockin' your time as a guest designer!