Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Snow is Falling!

Hey everyone - so, yesterday I skated in for a last post at Christmas Kickstart's Starry Night challenge. Today I'm in on the first day of the new challenge Snow is Falling! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Recollections Caribbean card; Doodlebug Kraft in Color;
American Craft Christmas paper from Target (years ago)
Stamps - Inkadinkado Warm Holiday Wishes (retired)
Embossing Folder - Echo Park Embossing Snowflakes #3
Other - Honey Bee Beach Vibes gems;
My Favorite Things Summer Splash & Tropical Teal inks

I'm crafting with my sister Tami again today so am using her stash. The aqua card was bigger than A2 but I cut it down to A2 size for convenience. I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's blog post yesterday where she used a background cut in half, getting two cards out of it. Can you see the subtle woodgrain pattern from the Doodlebug paper throughout the embossed snowflakes? I saved the second half for another card later. I also used Jennifer's technique of slicing off a strip of a scrap to set off the pattern. Three little gems covered up a glue boo-boo. I stamped the snowflake swirl on a scrap of white and fussy cut it for my embellishment and stamped the sentiment from the same set in the same ink.  Done!

Tami & I made a trip to the local stamping store and I bought some Honeybee thin frame dies while I was getting the gems. Thanks for the enabling, Betty (created by bjk)! While I have many infinity dies, I love the convenience of the single dies that cut multiple thin frames.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you're having a crafty week!!

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda. Love the idea of using half the background to make this card.

Cat Craig said...

Love the flakes and the woodgrain.

Jean said...

Fabulous combination of textures and patterns.

G Peplow said...

Aww that's snow good! What a great card, love what you made :D x

Rosemary said...

so pretty, linda!

Trina P. said...

Very pretty. Love the aqua colour snowflakes with the woodgrain peering behind.

Betty said...

the colors, texture and design all work so well together to make your beautiful card - have fun with sis!

Greta said...

Fun to shop at a stamp store! Frame dies are definitely great to have instead of having to make your own with infinity dies. Love the embossed snowflakes on the woodgrain paper & the colors!