Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Partridge in a Pear Tree - Take Two!

 Hey there! I'm playing along again at CAS Christmas Challenge where the current theme is Twelve Days of Christmas. I thought yesterday's card was maybe a bit too busy for the challenge so I decided to do a simpler version. I left off the large sentiment and instead stamped a small Christmas sentiment. Also left off the offset mat for the tree and put everything right on the card. I added a pot for my tree, having seen some of the stamped partridge & pear trees in little teapots and boxes. Here's my update:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb;
BoBunny Yuletide Carol 6x6; Paper Studio Glitter
Stamps - Hero Arts CL803 Family & Friends (sentiment) &
S5100 Woodgrain Pattern (on tree trunk) - both retired
Silhouette Designs - ID280002 Partridge in a Pear Tree Ornament (Carina Gardiner)
ID77044 Garden Tool Set (Megan Hardy)
Other - Copic Markers, white gel pen, foam tape, black gem

For this one I cut two sets of everything thinking I'd make two cards. Well, one trunk didn't cut correctly so I decided to use both sets of leaves on one tree, especially since I wasn't using an offset mat behind the tree. As usual, I cut everything in white and colored to suit. Hope you enjoyed this version of my partridge in a pear tree!

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!

9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Both partridge cards are lovely, though I am abit partial to this one. Great images/dies and a lovely design.

Dawn T said...

Amazing how two the same stamped image can look different. Love the more CAS look to this one.

Rosemary said...

another wonderful design, linda!

Greta said...

I love this more CAS version, Linda! Totally delightful!

Loll said...

Sweet! LOVE this CAS version Linda. Again, your colouring is awesome! And I love the pot for the tree. The details with the thin strip of glitter paper and patterned paper at the bottom really make this special. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Monica said...

Such a CAS card and so sweetly done. I love it.

xxx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are wonderful, but this one is definitely more CAS, Linda! Love your beautiful coloring. Using both sets of leaves worked great and the added pot looks amazing! Thank you so much again for sharing your beauty at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

I love both of your versions of this stunning partridge in a pear tree! Brilliant coloring!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda both cards are so perfect for the challenge. I love that partridge he has such a presence:) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.