Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Spellbinder's Card Kits

 Hey there - I'm playing around with a new die and some ephemera from a Spellbinder's card kit. Here's my slimline card:

Supplies: Paper - Anchor Paper & Paper Studio
Ephemera from Spellbinders July kit
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design (AJVD)  Slimline Stitched Plaid Cover Plate Die

This was a simple card. Cut a slimline base, added the die cut panel and the ephemera - done!! I also did an A2 card using the kit ephemera, textured card base & vintage papers, plus dies from AJVD Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Die Set, some 3M washi & Honey Bee gems. Here's that card:


I have to say that three different friends, Jean (Right as Rain), Rosemary (Hey There .... rosigirl) & Virginia (Yes, Virginia) have inspired me so much with different Spellbinders kit projects that I finally enrolled! I've been buying Spellbinders for many years, nearly as long as I've been crafting, but haven't tried a subscription until now. Sorry - don't know who, if anyone, got "credit" for me enrolling... But thanks for the enabling, friends!! Oh, and to Rosemary for getting me hooked on AJVD too!!

I'll add this to Virginia's August Show and Share and to Darnell's NBUS challenge. Thanks for the fun challenges, ladies!! 

That's it for today - thanks for visiting!!

August's Show & Share Grab our badge to display on your blog.

7 comments:

Greta said...

Really love the plaid coverplate, but haven't let myself get it. Wonderful card! The second card is really pretty! I'm sure you'll enjoy your kit. I get the small die kit which is usually something I "need" but it's great that you can also skip a month if you want.

Dawn T said...

What gorgeous cards Linda. I really love the second one. It's so pretty. And the slim line card is awesome. They are so on trend at the moment.

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful! Great composition on the slim line card!!

Betty said...

love both of these, Linda - that lattice slimline background is so great - have resisted buying slimline dies so far (how long will the trend last??) - and love the vintage look of your second card.

Trina P. said...

Both cards are beautiful... and yet so different. Hard to believe the supplies came from one kit. Great job showcasing its versatility.

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, linda! i just love the ephemera packs from spellbinders! they have some of the best card kits out there. so much value packed into each one. i have two sitting in my craft area waiting to be used! so glad i was able to enable your crafting purchases, lol!

Jean said...

Really like how you've combined the elements with the other die sets. Happy to enable! ;-)