Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Crazy for Swiss Dots

 Back again with some more paper piecing on cute critters - I went crazy for dots!! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio kraft A2 card; Bazzill brown;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Doodlebug Rainbow Swiss Dots;
BoBunny Enchanted Harvest; Lawn Fawn Let's Polka
Stamps - Hero Arts CM355 From the Vault Cute Animals (hippo), 
CL155 Playful Animals (monkey & sentiment) - retired, 
CL438 Let's Chill (palm tree) - retired, 
and CL377 Be Happy (sun) - retired
Other - foam tape; Darice googly eyes; Copic Markers;
Hero Arts reactive inks; Distress Inks - Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn

After finishing yesterday's cute critter scene, I watched a Barbershop Harmony online contest - top 10 high achieving quartets over 6 decades who'd never won their International Championship. Very fun and they'll announce the winners on Monday. Check it out on YouTube here if you want to watch a bit. When it ended, I was sucked into making another cute critter card - couldn't resist a darling Hero Arts From the Vault set, appropriately named Cute Animals. I've had it about a year and am just now getting to use it!! I chose the hippo image and built my scene from there, paper-piecing with various dotted papers. The sun isn't paper pieced - I just stamped and cut it out. Parts of the monkey and palm tree, the hippo and the coconuts were all paper-pieced. Thought the monkey would be cute with googly eyes.

My card is going to the following challenges: Stay Crafty with Hero (#14 Critters), A Blog Named Hero (Cute), Sweet Stampin' (Paper-piecing), and NBUS Challenge since my Cute Animals set is getting its first use. Thanks to all challenge holders for the fun!! Thanks to you for stopping by and have a crafty day!!


  Grab our badge to display on your blog.

16 comments:

Rosemary said...

Another super cute scene with fabulous paper piecing, Linda! Loving these cute critter cards you are making!

Jeanne H said...

I love polka dots...such a fun card using the patterned paper. Cute, cute.

Betty said...

another cutie - wonderful paper piecing and colors - very fun!!

Dawn T said...

Love these cute as critters. Love all the dotty papers. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Chris said...

This sweet and fun card made me smile! Love the cute stamps and the dotty paper piecing, another perfect entry for our challenge at Sweet Stampin', so pleased you chose to play along.
xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh wow! This is such a fun card.
LOVE the paper piecing.
xxx

Cat Craig said...

Oh I love the dots, such a fun card.

Mac Mable said...

Great paper piecing and a fabulous fun little scene....And I love it! x.

Marianne said...

So cute! I always forget I can use paper piecing if I don't feel like colouring.

Julia Aston said...

Oh, this is so fun with the dotted paper on your paper piecing - dots make everything seem happy!

Sue said...

This is so cute Linda and great paper piecing thanks for your comment on my blog ..I am now a follower! hugs Sue x

Leslie Miller said...

I love how everything is all polka dotty, especially the critters. And those googly eyes on the monkey -- so cute!

Jean said...

Love the polka dots - very playful card.

mixamatoasties said...

What an awesome card! I absolutely love it. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

xx

Trina P. said...

Oh my gosh what a fun card! These polka dotted critters are so adorable. Love the googly eyes on the monkey.

Greta said...

Your paper piecing is so much fun, Linda! Darling scene!