Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

August Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Hey everyone - today we're revealing cards that 24 people sent around the world in August. I had the pleasure of sending a card to sweet Mia (Craftartista) in Greece and I received a card from the lovely GerJanne in the Netherlands! You can see the entire chain here.

Here's the card I sent to Mia - I cheated a bit because I mailed it earlier than the usual timeframe, hoping it would reach her before the end of August & it did - yay!!!

Supplies: Paper - Gina K Designs Tranquil Teal formed to A2:
Bazzill Tangerine; BoBunny Dots, Studio Calico Here & There (taupe pattern);
American Crafts Taupe (from an old Target 6x6 pad);
My Mind's Eye Happy Day (gingham)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired)
Our Daily Bread Designs Dresden Quilt
Stamps - Hero Arts CL342 Everyday Sayings
Other - Hero Arts flower gem (retired); Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink

I went with both the colors (loved them!) and the friendship theme.


The sentiment is from one of my all-time favorite sets and I love that quilt die - had loads of fun piecing it!! Had to laugh, I was so eager to get the card off in the mail that I forgot to take a photograph! So thanks to Mia who sent me one she took after receiving the card. Thanks again, Mia!!

And here's a photo of the wonderful card GerJanne sent me - just love it!! And it only took 6 days in the mail - couldn't believe how quickly it arrived!!


How did GerJanne know that I love hearts and cats? Really - this was perfect for me; many thanks, GerJanne!!

You have until September 6th to sign up for the September exchange so please check it out, if interested. We have a lot of fun with the different themes and meeting sister card makers!! Thanks to Deborah, Jo & Gail for a fun challenge and thanks to you for visiting!!
Badge Grab

12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow ...what a stunner of a card with the prettiest of colours and papers x. GerJanne's card is adorable x.

Maria said...

Cute cards!! Love those pretty colors!!

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love the die you've used.
Kath x

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful card, die cut inlay is one of my favourite techniques and this looks fabulous. Love that die xx

Cat Craig said...

That is one gorgeous card Linda. Mia is a lucky girl.

Jean said...

Terrific use of the colors! Great inlaid work.

Mia said...

Thank you soooo much for the gorgeous card, Linda. I love the design and the sentiment! Thank you, my friend. And the card you received from GerJanne is super! I love cats too! Kisses, sweetie.

GerJanne said...

You’re welcome Linda. Lovely to hear and to read again you like the card. Your card for Mia is wonderful. I love that die.

Rosemary said...

Love the card you created for Mia! You used the colors to perfection, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Love your quilt card Linda. It's stunning.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous quilt card. Love the colours you used. The stitched pieces are awesome. GerJanne's card is so cute. Hugz

Greta said...

Your quilt card caught my attention in the reveal post--love it! Wonderful card you received & amazing you got it so fast!