Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Festive Furbabies

Hey friends - hope you're enjoying your day!! I'm popping in with a quick card for the current ChristmasKickstart Challenge - Festive Furbabies!! Any furry critter works for this challenge and I chose a bunny. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; Pool cardstock by unk; 
Stamp on it Heavyweight vellum; Neenah white 
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Winter Bunny (with matching die) 
Hero Arts - CG376 Music Collage Background and 
CL343 Holiday Sayings (both retired) 
Dies - Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes
My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired) 
Other - clear Wink of Stella; foam tape; 
Hero Arts red & soft pool inks; Copic Markers

Was reading Gail's (Crafty Nomad) post from earlier today (btw - she's Jo's elf this fortnight at Kickstart). She mentioned being diverted to a craft project whilst cleaning - I do the same thing, don't you?! Well, I wasn't cleaning this time but looking for something and instead found a couple UFO boxes needing some love. I found the bunny, a flimsy card with the collage music background, and the snowflake, among many other things. Decided I could combine the first three and create a card for Christmas Kickstart!

I colored the bunny, already stamped and die cut, with Copics. I added Wink of Stella to the scarf. Don't know what paper I stamped the bunny on but it certainly wasn't Neenah 110 lb!! To strength it, I added two more white diecuts behind. Since the background was on a flimsy card, I cut off the front and die cut it with a pierced rectangle. Wanted to do a hillside but realized my go-to Lawn Fawn die was in the satellite studio. Then I remembered I just received a Sunny Studio order with some slimline dies so used one of those for my snowy hill.

I stamped the sentiment on the back half of the card I had cut up, then trimmed it to a little banner to pop onto my snowflake with some foam tape. Added the entire panel to a silver A2 card - done!! Or was I? The sentiment stamp set had some little images, including the present. I thought a present would be cute on the sled with the bunny so stamped, colored and fussy cut one.

I spotted some more furry critters in a UFO box so will try to be back again later this week with another card. Gotta build up that Christmas stash, ya know - although I do have it up to 62 cards so far!!

Thanks for stopping by and thanks to Jo and elf Gail for a fun challenge!

 

9 comments:

Betty said...

your sledding bunny is darling - and since you have HA products you could enter him at A Blog Named Hero challenge "cute".

Trina P. said...

Your sledding bunny is cute. Way to combine those UFO pieces to create this wintry scene.

Cat Craig said...

Linda, this is just darling.

ionabunny said...

Very cute bunny having a blast by the looks of it. Glad I am not the only one easily distracted. Lovely card. Thanks for joining the Christmas Kickstart challenge. Hugz

Dawn T said...

So adorable Linda. This little bunny is so cute. Great scene too.

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! I nearly used this bunny myself for the challenge. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Linda! Your UFOs play perfectly together!

Jean said...

Love the musical background for the cute sledding rabbit!

Greta said...

Super cute & love the music background & how you did the sentiment with the snowflake!