Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 4, 2020

Glittery Trees!

Hey everyone - I'm back today with a card for the September CAS Christmas challenge to use a Christmas tree. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - American Crafts Christmas A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb; Paper Studio Glitter
Dies - cabin among pines from Hero Arts June 2020 MMH kit;
My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired)
Sentiment stamp - Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings (retired)
Other - Hero Arts Intense Black Ink

I'm trying to use up things I've stamped or die cut and have piled in several UFO boxes. I found a glittery forest of pines behind a cabin and decided to make a card with it. Because the die cut was intended to be along a lake or ocean shore, I covered up the bottom with some snowy hills. Stamped the sentiment and done. Very simple and would be easy to mass produce.

Thanks to Loll and team, especially host Colleen, for a fun challenge! Thanks to you for stopping by!!

14 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful CAS card, Linda - that blue base is so pretty with the glittery trees.

Cindy C. said...

Linda it's beautiful!

Lin said...

Very classy, my friend! Your layout is perfection!

Colleen said...

Linda, you always come up with clever cards, and kudos for you for using something meant for a lake and to replace it with snowy hills. I love that you could pull from you mountain of die cuts and make it work! Thank you so much for faithfully playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

Dawn T said...

Awesome.... I love how you managed to get such a fabulous card from your UFO bits and pieces. It's so elegant looking

Cat Craig said...

lovely card Linda.

Christine Alexander said...

love that die cut tree line Linda :) thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Barb Ghig said...

You did such a lovely job using bits and pieces from your stash to create your card, Linda! Great idea to add snowy hills below the trees and place everything on a teal card base, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

Jean said...

When you're finished with your UFO boxes, I'd love you to go through mine! ;-) Wonderful CAS Christmas scene.

Trina P. said...

Wonderful card and a lovely piece to find in your UFO box. Great cover up with the snowy hills. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Greta said...

The snowy hills are perfect with that beautiful die cut! Lovely card, Linda!

Julia Aston said...

How very clever to make your lake side die cut into a snowy field scene Linda - so pretty in the gold! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Loll said...

Sweet! Love your glitter trees and cabin Linda. Such a great idea to use the snow hills to pull this together. Always great when we can use up goodies from our UFO box. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wonderful use of the beautiful glittery forest and the cabin die-cuts, Linda! So clever to turn a waterfront scene into a snowy forest one! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx