Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Happy Anniversary - leaves in window

Hey everyone - hope you had a great weekend (including Labor Day in the USA)!! I visited my parents and my baby sister - so wonderful to see them! My poor dad was in the hospital a couple days (non-covid, thankfully) but he's home and almost good as new. 😊

When I got home yesterday I decided I'd better get busy on cards for the rest of September. I already had my September Card Chain card ready to mail and happened to have leftovers of the colors ginger and buttercup. Here's my anniversary card for a couple of friends: 

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts; Paper Studio; Bazzill & Lawn Fawn
Dies - Creative Expressions Happy Anniversary;
Pink Fresh Studio Floral Circles;
Sunny Studio Window Quad Circle;
My Favorite Things Blueprints (banner) &
Leafy Greenery (both retired)
Other - May Arts string twine

Here's a side view of the open card & one of the inside:


I got the Sunny Studio Window Quad Circle die last week and had die cut it from a scrap of buttercup paper. It was sitting there on the craft table and I thought it would look great with the Pink Fresh floral circles behind. I backed them with a scrap of acetate alternative leftover from my print-making coloring using alcohol inks. Covered the inside with a piece of Lawn Fawn watercolor paper die cut with the window too. I suppose I could've backed the leaves with more glittery die cuts but I thought the white back looked fine. Sentiment is from Taylored Expressions The Inside Scoop - Anniversary.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!!


7 comments:

Betty said...

those little floral circles are so cute - perfect fall card - totally forgot I signed up for Sept CCC - better get going on that:-)

Dawn T said...

What a delightful card. Really gorgeous Linda.

Mac Mable said...

Ohhhh this is a stunner of a card. Love the design layout and those fabulous Autumnal colours x.

Rosemary said...

fabulous anniversary card for your friends, linda!

HilaryJane said...

Oh, I love this. great colours and I love the windows with the die cuts xx

Jean said...

Stunning - gorgeous detail.

Greta said...

Love the foliage circles & how you used them! Wonderful cards for your friends! Nice you got to see family & glad to hear your dad is OK now.