Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Print-making coloring with a twist (Day 22)

Hi friends - another quick post as I'm off to have lunch with friends later today & I need to shop for something to take! It's Day 22 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I'm returning to the print-making coloring Kathy demo'd on Day 1 (same link as for the Challenge) but with a twist. Rather than using watercolors, I'm using Alcohol Inks!! Here's my print with colored diecuts atop a piece of ivory cardstock:


My friend Cindy (Escape to Stamping) was using AIs on a stencil and I got mine out (see the card I made here). I didn't do anything specifically for the coloring challenge with them until now. I didn't have large sheets of Yupo paper but I found some Grafix Dura-Lar (acetate alternative). I thought it would be fun to try making a print on it with AIs (others have probably done it; I just haven't seen it). I used Ranger's Adirondack Alcohol Ink cardstock to die cut the images because I couldn't find my Yupo after just using it the other day - so frustrating!! Later in the post you'll see some different colored cards behind a couple pieces of print for potential cards.

Here's a photo of the print in process with some of the AIs used (sorry for dark photo - it was taken just after 1am!). The Dura-Lar has a tissue sheet between each piece so I left one behind and then put a couple paper towels on my work surface. Didn't really get any bleeding through. As you can see, I ran out of the thin cotton panels used for inking - no worries, a cotton makeup pad worked fine. I also used a Q-tip for inking the thinner circles. Dies used - Spellbinders Elegant Twist Circles Etched Dies (enabled by my friend Virginia's post) and the same retired Hero Arts butterfly I used on my first print-making coloring on Day 11.

Alcohol ink colors: Watermelon, Red Pepper, Wild Plum, 
Sunshine Yellow, Butterscotch, Sailboat Blue, Stream, & Citrus. 
Plus Gold Mixatives and blending solution.

Finally, I cut up the print into pieces and laid a couple onto different colored card bases with some of the diecuts just so you could see the potential cards. Interesting how the print changes, isn't it?



How about you? What kind of print-making might you try? Distress paints might be fun or crayons? Anyway, this coloring challenge continues to be entertaining to me and you can still join in for the remaining 8 days! Hope to see you there & thanks for stopping by!!


3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Oh my goodness, I love how this turned out Linda!! Still haven't got around to try print making yet, I'd better put my foot down and get to it!! Thanks for sharing!!

Rosemary said...

fun backgrounds, linda! love your card ideas!

Greta said...

Wow--these are so neat, Linda!