Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Stitched Bouquet

Hey everyone - it's been gloomy and rainy here but yesterday I received a package from my sister Tami that really made me smile. Hope you will smile seeing the card I created with one of her gifts!

Supplies: Paper - Gina K Sea Glass & Tranquil Teal cardstock; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb 
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired);
Stamp - Hero Arts CM128 Color Layering Water Lilies (sentiment)
Other - Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink; Copic Markers B0000, C1 & C00

In the package, Tami sent a bunch of stitched panels she made using her sewing machine. I took one of them and diecut it with a stitched rectangle. Matted everything and added to an A2 card formed from the Gina K teal. I added some light shading to the base of the jar and to the jar's interior using Copics.

Di invited me to add a card to her current Pixies' Snippets Playground challenge so I'm adding this card there. The snippet is the sentiment circle. I have a lot of scraps laying around - I always figure I can squeeze something out of it! And yes, I was able to squeeze a little circle out of a white scrap - yay!! Don't worry, Di - I'll make something with more creative snippets later. 😊😊😊

Tami made me a card this winter that had some stitched flowers on it and I loved it. She included some stamping right on the stitched panel which I thought was brave since she doesn't own a MISTI. She also added some gems to her flowers. Here's the card she sent me:


Tami wondered if I wanted some panels to play with and I quickly said yes, yes, yes!! I still have a lovely pile of different stitched designs to use on future cards. Thanks Tami!! Tami is an avid quilter and has made me a couple gorgeous quilts. You can see my fave here if you missed it.

That's it for today, friends! Thanks for stopping and have a crafty week!!

Snippets Playground Badge

10 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Wow these stitched panels look fantastic!! Sweet cards!!!

Lin said...

WOW, talent runs in your family, Linda! How wonderful that you can combine your sister's beautiful work with yours! LOVE this!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous! Wow! Check double d stiches challenge...would fit well there.
http://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2020/07/stitches-challenge.html

Rosemary said...

that stitched panel is so pretty, linda! lucky you that your sister can do that for you!

!neke said...

A great card !
Groeten Ineke

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love what you did with the stitched panel and can’t wait to see what you do with the rest of the goodies.

Jean said...

Seriously amazing! Fantastic color choices.

Di said...

What a fabulous card Linda - love the stitched panel and what you created with it. It's great to have you in the Snippets Playground with us! Welcome :)

Hugs

Di xx

Greta said...

What a talented sister--love the card she made for you! But oh wow--what you did with that panel is just fabulous, Linda!