Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Coloring Challenge Day 5 and an anniversary!

Hey friends - hope you had a great 4th yesterday!! No fireworks in our 'burb but I watched the ones on tv from Washington DC - gorgeous!! Very low key 4th in the days of covid19.... Anyway, I've continued to work on my blossom panel started yesterday for Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge. Here's where I am today after spending another 90 minutes on it. Managed to get the basic coloring on the flowers and leaves and started some shading. In real life the flowers I'd started yesterday looked very lemony so I added some bronze. Liked it but decided to warm up more of the flower petal with some orange. A lot of my pencils are by Staedtler and have no color name - I just go by the look of the tip. The Crayola pencils have names, as do the few Faber-Castell pencils I own (like Cool Grey II pictured)


Coloring with pencils takes a lot of time!! As Kathy has advised, I have a sharpener on hand and use it often. She recommends a sharp point and using the side of the tip to add color. Remember coloring as a kid and grinding the point straight down?? Not a good thing!! I have to keep reminding myself to hold the pencil at an angle and touch the paper lightly. I feel myself starting to hurry, eye on the prize, get 'er done & have to slow down. Good for the blood pressure, I'm sure Kathy has said!

Now to my other life which I don't mention too often on my blog. You may have seen this photo on Facebook but I know some of you aren't on it. I'm celebrating 40 years with Sweet Adelines International (women singers of Barbershop Harmony) this year. I met a couple chorus friends yesterday for coffee; they were also celebrating and we exchanged certificates, with appropriate distancing of course!


One of the great things about Sweet Adelines is being able to continue singing throughout your life and to entertain audiences, not just during your school years or in church choir. We have loads of fun doing shows and contests and traveling; of course, just not right now due to the pandemic. Surprisingly, we've had people seeking to audition, even while we're on Zoom!! If you're a woman singer looking for an outlet for your voice, find your local barbershop chorus here. Live in the Twin Cities? Check out City of Lakes Chorus!

Finally, a funny photo of Misty from the day after she arrived. I was snapping my fingers, trying to get her to look up into my phone so I could grab the photo. She got offended and hissed at me as if to say "Quit taking my photo!" Anyway, the family got a good chuckle out of this photo!!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!! I'll add my coloring to the 30 Day Challenge FB page.



8 comments:

Betty said...

coloring lookin' good and lookin' forward to seeing the finished product - and congrats on your singing anniversary! cute 4th shirt too!

!neke said...

Congrats !
The coloring looks great !
Groeten Ineke

Lin said...

Your card is going to be a stunner, Linda - you know how I feel about yellow roses!

And many congrats on your milestone achievement with Sweet Adelines! That's wonderful - music surely is a wonderful thing to be able to make!

Cat Craig said...

your card is a beauty, and well worth the time spent on the blooms. Congratulations on your milestone, well done. So nice to be able to do something you love throughout your lifetime. I've seen that cat face when I cat sat for my Dad. LOL>

R's Rue said...

Love it so much

Rosemary said...

Your pencil coloring is just beautiful, Linda! Congrats on celebrating 40 years with the Sweet Adelines! Ha! Now we see Misty's not so sweet side!

Jean said...

Terrific coloring and congratulations!!

Greta said...

Had to laugh at Misty--trying to be a little cougar, I think! Big congrats on 40 yrs with Sweet Adelines--amazing & wonderful accomplishment, Linda! Your pencil coloring is so pretty! I always get inspired to color when I see what others do, but doesn't come out like that for me. We watched a couple fireworks shows on TV & really loved the Boston Pops! So neat to see them perform from home, but if you weren't looking at the screen you'd think they were together--sounded great! Sweet Adelines could do that! Glad the neighborhood fireworks are over as we had to comfort Fritz for a couple hours this year. Not fair to puppydogs!