Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 17, 2020

TGIF and Day 17 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge

Hey there friends - aren't you glad it's the weekend?! Well, it's Day 17 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I'm still hanging in there!

Here's my coloring for today:


I liked Kathy's idea of creating a line drawing and coloring it. I used a 4.25x5.5 piece of Neenah and drew lines with a black pencil & a ruler. I won't say like she does, because hers are so much better!! I colored using Copic markers just to try it. She uses a jumbo piece of watercolor paper and creates amazing art; I was just going for an interesting background for a card. What do you think so far? Here's an early photo:


I used the same black pencil to scribble a little shading around each block - thought it might be fun and easy to blend as I colored. In the above photo I'd done the shading on the top half when I decided it might be a good idea to test out some colors before I continued. What if I hated it?? So I used three lavenders and three teals as the test - like it so I finished the shading. This was early this morning. Then I worked on it another couple hours to get it to the point of the photo at top. Since that photo I did a few more blocks and I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Next I'm sharing a card made with the watercolored floral panel from yesterday. I worked on it a couple more hours after I got home from lunch with a friend. Hopefully it looks better than it did yesterday but I still see some black areas I could soften!! I'm sure there's much more that could be done but I'm done with it - LOL! I stamped a sentiment and a butterfly to the panel, matted it and adhered to an A7 card. Done!

Supplies: Paper - Strathmore watercolor 140 lb; 
Poptone Gumdrop & Paper Studio Brights
Stamps - Gina K Designs + Hero Arts Friendship Blooms;
Gina K Designs Stately Flowers 7 (sentiment & butterfly)
Other - Hero Arts blue ink from some MMH kit; Michael's gem;
white gel pen; Yasutomo watercolors

That's it for now. I'm getting quite the abnormal workout trying to post every day!! Thanks to those who continue to visit me and thanks to Cindy (Escape to Stamping) who continues to be an inspiration, besides Kathy, to keep going with the coloring challenge!! Off to Michaels for more Copics....

4 comments:

Betty said...

i didn't watch Kathy's post about drawing the lines and coloring, but your coloring certainly rivals hers any day - looking forward to seeing it finished!

Cindy C. said...

You have your own style Linda, it reminds of Iris Paper Folding. Looking forward to see the finished piece!

Rosemary said...

you are coloring up a storm and i just can't keep up with all the fabulous cards you are posting, linda! playing catch up right now! your line drawing looks pretty darn good to me. your watercolored blooms are just lovely!

Greta said...

Love how you colored the flowers, Linda--beautiful!