Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, July 27, 2020

Day 27 and I'm coloring Grumplings!

Grumplings, you ask? For Day 27 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge, I'm coloring some fun animal characters by Taylored Expressions! Taylor has these characters in all sorts of situations (Christmas, Halloween, you name it!) but I only own the Exercise Grumplings. Here are my Grumplings colored:


I used Copic Makers, employing all the tips Kathy shared on Day 22. The Grumpling images are only about 1.25" tall so there's not much room for detailing. I did my best! And here's a card made with three of the Grumplings:

Supplies: Paper - A2 windowed card by ??
My Mind's Eye Happy Day 6x6 patterned;
Paper Studio Glitter; Momenta Watercolor 8x8 patterned;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Exercise Grumplings (with matching dies)
Hero Arts CL483 Type (retired) - sentiment
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 2 (retired);
Other - Copic Markers & multiliner; black/grey pencils

Sorry I lost the packaging for the A2 card I used; bought the pack at one of those stamping conventions years ago. I designed and made up the card last night so all I'd have to do was color the Grumplings and add them today. I needed a card for a friend who's having back problems. I originally bought this set with Debbie in mind because she's always dieting and trying half-heartedly to exercise! She also appreciates grumpy characters like that Maxine at Hallmark. Well, with her back out, Debbie can't exercise and doesn't feel much like dieting either!! They say something in all caps is like shouting & that's what these Grumplings do - hence the GET WELL sentiment. Hope Debbie's back heals quickly!!

Here's a quick shot of the inside:


Isn't that sentiment a hoot? Sadly this set is currently out of stock at TE but maybe you can find it elsewhere, if interested, or use the Notify Me feature. My favorite sentiment: "Diet Day 1 - I removed all the bad food from the house. It was delicious!!" That would be my trick - LOL! Well, I'm off to the Post Office to mail today's card. Thanks for visiting and have a crafty day!!

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

you are a coloring machine, linda! the coloring on your little grumplings is amazing... super cute card!

Cindy C. said...

Oh my goodness these grumplings are so cute!! Linda it's been real fun to do challenge together, unfortunately I may not able to complete all 30 days. Something came up suddenly and I will be away. I will pack things with me hopefully I could do some coloring for the last few days.

Julia Aston said...

Oh these stamps are so fun and that sentiment made me chuckle! Great coloring on the critters!

Cat Craig said...

I’ve always loved the grumbling. Your coloring is awesome. Great set for the cards.

Greta said...

How cute!