Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Blending-free coloring with Copics for Day 14

Hey friends - day 14 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge. I thought I'd try a technique Yana Smakula shared in her June 3rd 2020 post: Blending-free coloring with Copics. She has a video tutorial on the technique that I watched a couple of times before giving it a go. Some of my friends have tried it, including Betty - you can see her lovely examples here and here and Greta - see hers here and here. Here's my first shot at it:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; Gina K Tranquil Teal;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps - Hero Arts CL443 Good Thoughts (retired);
Gina K Designs + Hero Arts Friendship Blooms (sentiment)
Other - Copic Markers; gold & black pencils;
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink

I picked this 2010 Hero Arts floral stamp out of my stash and thought it might work well for this technique. What do you think? I deliberately didn't use the lines through the flowers as a guide for coloring. Some of my flowers look kinda bullseye but I thought I did ok for the first attempt. Shaded the background with a gold pencil and blended it with E50 Copic. Rest of the colors I won't list - just chose 3-5 shades and don't blend. Interesting technique - may try it again... I did some shading with a black pencil but it wasn't doing much for me so I just quit. Time to move on to the next project - don't you feel like that sometimes?

Thanks for the visit and have a wonderful day!!

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

wonderful card, linda! looks to me like you have nailed yana's technique!

Cat Craig said...

I think you picked the perfect stamp for that technique Linda. Fabulous card.

Jean said...

Just wow - terrific coloring!

Betty said...

i think you've got it!! love it with all the varied colors - and thanks for the shout out!

Greta said...

Ah--sweet of you to mention my attempts, Linda--thanks! I used a simpler variation, but you went all out & it looks great! Wonderful choice of images!

Cindy C. said...

How delightful and pretty!! This technique appears to be really fun! Must try it myself sometime, thanks for sharing Linda!

Dawn T said...

This is stunning Linda. Such a great technique and you have got it off pat.

Lin said...

What a great stamp to use this technique on, Linda, and I love how this card turned out!

Jean said...

Love your design! Very cool technique!