Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Some colored birdies - Day 7

Hey there friends - still with me on Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge?! Gets to be difficult to post every day so I might have to color a few days and then post - we'll see how I do! I'm really trying to keep up with daily posting... Here's my coloring for today:


Got these sweet birdies with the coordinating dies on clearance at Pink & Main. Of course they did not arrive at my house alone - I got some other goodies! Fantastic service - ordered on the 1st and my package arrived yesterday, only 5 days - even with the holiday weekend in there!!

I was inspired by Lin's (Sending Hugsslimline card of July 5th. I don't have the dies she used but I thought I'd try to pay homage to her card with my colored birdies. Here's the card with the birdies:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Pool (retired)
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps with dies - Pink & Main Airmail Bundle
Other - Copic Markers; Pink & Main Celebrations Enamel Shapes;
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink

I cut an 8.5x11" piece of cardstock down to 8.5 x 7" and scored the 7" side at 3.5 and folded in half to form a slimline card. Then I cut a mat layer a bit smaller. Next I stamped my images onto the die cut shapes since that's the easiest with the MISTI. I could easily stamp multiple of each by popping them into the negative. I wanted three branches like Lin had but the one branch had a birdie on it. I made do by masking off the diecut so the birdie wouldn't stamp on two of the diecuts. Then I just trimmed off the branch, then popped the birdies back into the negative to stamp for future. In case you're interested, here's a shot of how I planned the arrangement and stamped the sentiments:


Very stormy day, so please excuse the dark photo! I took the photo with the ruler evident so I would remember how I oriented my shapes. I took them all off & edged the mat with a bit of Hero Arts ink before adhering to the card base. Then I added my birdies and the enamel hearts. Done!!

Finally, I just have to share another photo of Misty - she was "helping" me color the other day and I grabbed this photo. My Facebook friends saw this one on the 5th but I know some of you aren't on there....


That's it for today - thanks for stopping and thanks to Kathy for the fabulous 30 Day Coloring Challenge!!

4 comments:

Lin said...

Linda, I adore this! I hadn't seen these cute little birds before - love the one with the floral crown, so cute! And that's a great tip, to use a ruler to space out the elements along this larger-than-normal area! Thanks so much for the shout out, my friend!

Looks like you're enjoying your little house guest - is there a kitty in your future???

Rosemary said...

wonderful slimline card, linda! love how you colored up those cute little birds! looks like misty was a really big help!

Jean said...

Terrific coloring and fun card design.

Greta said...

Darling card & cute picture of Misty!