Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Day 23 Bookshelf - Starting with Basic Coloring

Hey all - Day 23 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge!! Still hanging in there and today I'm just sharing a quick basic coloring of a stamped bookshelf image. Kathy's post yesterday had a lot of photos of each step of her coloring process so I thought I'd try following them over the next few days!


I stamped the main image from Hero Arts CM425 Bookcase Peek-a-Boo Parts using Hero Arts Intense Black Ink. Then I did a quick base layer of Copic markers per Kathy's step one. That's it. Took about an hour. My photo contains just a few of the oodles of markers I pulled for my base layer. To making it quicker, I tried to use the same color at least once on every shelf. Haven't decided how to do the "wall" behind the bookshelf yet - it might stay stark white like the walls at my house....

Hope you have a wonderful day - thanks for visiting!!

4 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Must have been really fun to color this image. Looking forward to see the finished project!!

Rosemary said...

your simple layer of coloring looks pretty darn good to me, linda!

Diane said...

Super cute coloring and image.

Hugs Diane

Greta said...

Fun image & beautiful colors!