Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 10, 2020

A Christmas Eve scene for Day 10 Coloring

Hey everyone - TGIF!! I'm still coloring away for Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge! Back with today's coloring, some Christmas bits that I turned into a Christmas card for Christmas Craft Creations. Their theme this month is Christmas Characters - certainly Santa & his reindeer qualify!!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV black A2 card; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps - Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow
Hero Arts CM386 From the Vault Winter Joy (with matching dies)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired);
Other - Hero Arts Intense Black Ink, Copic Markers,
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky, Picket Fence; 
Ranger Seafoam White ep, colored pencils, foam tape

I first took a 4.25 x 5.5" piece of white card and stamped/white embossed with the falling snow. Some of my snow ended up more clear than white - didn't care! Applied a circle mask for the moon and sponged Distress Ink on the rest of the panel. Removed the mask. Die cut panel with the pierced rectangle. Cut a small strip of white scrap with the pierced rectangle and cut a small hill for the house. Die cut, stamped & colored the house, Santa and reindeer - note: I cut two Santa/reindeer and lopped off Santa on one. The image only comes with 4 reindeer and, hey, he has eight pulling the sleigh most of the time! Added diecuts to panel, adhered to card, stamped sentiment - done!!

Here's a glimpse of my crafty mess (well, part of it...). You can see the uncolored lopped off Santa to the side with some other images from that Winter Joy set.


Funny story - I bought the stamp set on sale at JoAnn last month but they don't carry many matching dies in store. Planned to order the dies with my next Hero Arts order - forgot!! Got an email from JoAnn about an online discount so went to their website and found the dies (and some other stuff); used my discount - yay!! Doesn't it drive you nuts when you want matching dies and they're not sold where you're shopping or out of stock? Hard to keep track of dies you still need! Or sometimes it's vice versa - I have an orphaned Lawn Fawn die set missing its matching stamps....

Besides the coloring challenge & Christmas Craft Creations, this also fits at Christmas Kickstart (Santa has his hat!). I'm also adding to Virginia's July Show & Share and the NBUS Challenge (the Christmas stamps and dies getting their first play). Also adding to Die Cut Diva's Christmas in July challenge. Thanks to all hosts and teams for fabulous challenges!!

Thanks to you for visiting and I hope you have a crafty weekend!! I'm off to the Hallmark Ornament Premiere to get my July wish list items - can't wait!

 

 Grab our badge to display on your blog.
 Grab our Badge

10 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Such a delightful and fun card!! Thanks for Celebrating Christmas in July with us at Die Cut Divas.

Lin said...

What a fun Christmas card, Linda - I feel cooler just looking at it! Adorable scene!

Trina P. said...

Way to keep up with the coloring challenge, Linda! And beautiful coloring and ink blending, too. Santa and his reindeer are the most well known Christmas characters of all... great scene.

Lady Joyful said...

This is fabulous! Great scene and so wonderfully coloured. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Jean said...

What a scene - I'm ready to step right in!

Greta said...

Wonderful coloring & such a cute scene!

Arlene said...

I love the scene. I'm in sweltering heat, but it feels chilly now - right in the mood for Xmas. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Christmas in July" challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Virginia L. said...

Oh Linda, You have been creating with magic!! I can see your artistic growth with your recent posts!! It’s wonderful to see you try new things and play with techniques. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

ionabunny said...

Fabulous scene. Good hat. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart challenge. Hugz

Cindy said...

Great Christmas card! Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations.