Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 16, 2020

More watercolors for Day 16 and music print cards

Hey everyone - back for Day 16 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge! Since the watercolors were back out for yesterday's print-making, I decided to watercolor the Gina K Designs + Hero Arts Friendship Blooms. I previously colored this image with Copics (see it here) and pencils (here) but hadn't tackled it with watercolors yet until now.


I stamped the blossoms on the Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper (using Antique Linen Distress Ink) since I had half a sheet leftover from yesterday. Watercolored with a combination of Yasutomo (plain & pearlescent) watercolors and Twinkling H20s. This is just a start - I have plenty more work to do on this one but at least I got the basics and some shading done.

Finally, I'll share three cards I created with the print I watercolored yesterday:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 cards, Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper
Paper Studio glitter paper; Gina K Tranquil Teal; 
Momenta watercolor patterned paper (banner and scalloped strip)
Stamps - Raisin Boat Feel the Beat (retired);
Hero Arts CG279 Musical Clef
Dies - My Favorite Things various Blueprints & Musical Notes (all retired);
Cheery Lynn Designs Whistle a Happy Tune (retired)
Other - Yasutomo and Twinkling H20 watercolors;
Hero Arts and Distress Inks

I always find it interesting how different you can make the print look by selectively die-cutting it into pieces! I have a few scraps of the print left that I can use on future projects. Still have some butterfly print pieces left too (I did a whole sheet for that one). I see some more butterfly cards in my future!

Well, gotta run - I'm off to shop, then eat a picnic lunch in a park with my friend, Rebecca. I'll stop at the garden store on the way home too - hoping to pick up a new shamrock plant to replace the poor darling who croaked while I did the stay-at-home order in my parents' house. If you saw my photo of Misty sitting near my dead plants, I thought it was time to get them replaced and/or repotted. I also got a new peace plant from a friend so that's gracing the top of my shelves - it's got such a beautiful bitty flower I had to share it:


Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!!



8 comments:

Cindy C. said...

The floral bouquet looks lovely, and the music cards are fabulous!! The print makings turned out so beautifully!

Cat Craig said...

you've been busy...so fun to see your coloring every day.

Jean said...

More stunning cards - just wow!

Dawn T said...

Your watercolouring is stunning Linda. I really love the result. I really like the way your print pages turned out. Really pretty cards.

papierelle said...

This is so beautiful, great work!!

Betty said...

your watercoloring is fantastic, Linda - beautiful card!!

Rosemary said...

your coloring on the first piece is so beautiful, linda! your set of musical cards are so fun!

Greta said...

I have a huge peace plant (didn't know the name) in my craft area & it's had 4 flowers this blooming! Love your music cards, Linda!