Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 24, 2020

Coloring the bookshelf continues - Day 24 plus another Christmas card!

Hey friends - TGIF! For Day 24 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge, I'm continuing the work on my bookshelf started yesterday. Kathy shared a series of 12 tips with photos and am trying to follow her steps (some are combined in the same photo to save time). Here's today's coloring:


I'm coloring Hero Art's bookcase from CM425 Bookcase Peek-A-Boo Parts. My post yesterday showed the base layer of Copic Markers, nothing else. I did not draw any brown lines as Kathy did on her birds. Later yesterday afternoon I added texture to a few spots - not many as the images are so small - using a bit of Copic blender on a rag. I put the rag over a Q-tip to make it small enough to dab on these little images! Did some on the pig, a few books and the planters. Then I added the darker colors to the existing base colors. Here's a shot of the bookcase to that stage:


Can you see the difference from yesterday? Just doing those couple things added a lot! The photo at top has Kathy's next steps of outlining places with a dark grey marker, then softening it with a lighter grey. That added even more depth to the image. LOL - I see a lot of spots I missed; can you? Guess I was still asleep - will have to add some more grey!

That's all I'm doing for coloring today. I'll be back tomorrow with more additions! 

Still with me? In case you want to see something other than coloring, here's a Christmas card for two challenges - last minute for CAS Christmas Nativity and perfect timing for Christmas Kickstart Starry Starry Night.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Poptone Black Licorice
Stamps - Hero Arts CM105 Dreams are Made (stars) &
CM374 Color Layering Nordic Tree (sentiment)
Silhouette files by Lori Whitlock - 4917 Nativity Silhouette &
70556 Full Nativity (I didn't use everything)
Inks - Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress, 
Distress Embossing & Hero Arts Intense Black
Other - Ranger Seafoam White ep; white gel pen; 
Michael's gem; brown pencils

Slimline cards are coming into fashion right now but I've had the Nativity pieces and a long card sitting in a project envelope for YEARS! When I was Misty-proofing for my brother's cat to  visit earlier this month I came across the project envelope with its mish-mash of Nativity stuff cut on the Silhouette. Decided I should use them for CAS Christmas but hadn't gotten around to it, then Christmas Kickstart announced a star theme. I knew I had to get moving! Used washi tap to mask off top and bottom for some white space. Stamped and embossed the stars, then inked the sky using my new Pink & Main tool. Added a brown line and some shading for ground and glued down the Nativity pieces (mixed and matched from two files). Stamped a sentiment and adhered a star gem - done!!

Thanks for visiting!!

 


13 comments:

Cindy C. said...

The Bookcase is looking great!! Shadows seems to be something I am not very good at adding. :( Beautiful Christmas card, good luck with the challenges!!

Marcia Hill said...

The bookcase looks wonderful...that's a LOT of coloring Linda!! Your slimline card is GORGEOUS and I'm so glad you finished it up in time for the challenges! And with all those silhouetted images, a slimline card was the perfect way to go to fit them all in! Love all the stars and the soft blending too! Lovely, lovely card Linda!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!! :0)

Jean said...

That bookshelf is stunning!
Love the Christmas Nativity card, too.

Rosemary said...

Your Copic coloring is amazing, Linda! Love your slimline card! It is always fun to find things you can turn into a great card!

Loll said...

Amazing colouring with copics, Linda! Your bookshelf is fantastic!

LOVE your silhouette nativity scene with the beautiful starry night. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Lin said...

Love those bookshelves, Linda - I think I could handle something like that! And the silhouette Christmas card is wonderful - pinning it to my slimline cards board!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous coloring on your bookshelf and I LOVE your Nativity scene, Linda! The horizontal silhouette images are perfect and I love how you included the stars...WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

Dotty Jo said...

Love the bookcase card! Your slimline Nativity scene is just stunning. The shape of the card is perfect for the scene. Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, always great to have you here, Jo x

Pia S said...

The slimline shape is the perfect fit for this nativity scene. I love the style! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart. Pia, Guest elf.
I also have to say that the design with all the books looks terrific! Super job coloring in all the details.

Trina P. said...

Oh to colour that bookshelf is a labour of love. Looking good.
Your nativity scene is beautiful... love it in the slimline design. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Christine Alexander said...

the perfect time to be colouring a bookshelf- what else is there to do other than read during the pandemic :)
Love your nativity card, the floating stars above the nativity scene is beautiful :)

Greta said...

You've really gotten into the coloring--looks wonderful! I just love the slimline Christmas card, Linda--beautiful nativity!

JoAnn said...

Your bookshelf card is colored so well. I love all the details of your nativity card, so pretty. TFS