Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, July 3, 2020

Day 3 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Friendship Blooms

Hey there - my card today is a virtual hello to all my sweet friends out there in blogland! Hope you're having a great TGIF!! It's Day 3 of Kathy's 17th 30 Day Coloring Challenge (link is to Day 1 since that's where you upload projects). I'm really making an effort to do all 30 days - wish me luck!! My Day 3's coloring has already been made into the friendship card:

Supplies: Paper - Gina K Designs Coral Reef & Lucky Clover;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps - Hero Arts + Gina K Designs PR101 Friendship Blooms
Other - Copic Markers & multiliner pens, white gel pen

I actually stamped and started coloring this jumbo clump of blossoms last night, then continued today and did the shading & detail work Kathy describes as nooks & crannies. You could probably do a million of those and still find room for more but I called the detailing done after about 30 minutes! I used a mitt load of Copics again, some just a drop or two but I'll list them all, if you're interested; if not, skip to the end :)

Copics used:
Copic Blender - 0
Blue/Green - B0000,  G12, G40, G82
Beige/Grey - E50, E95, C00, C4
Red - R00, R05, R14, R21, R22, R24,
Pink/Orange - RV02, RV06, RV09, RV25, VR09

I found some perfect cardstock to form an A7 card with a mat in the June Gina K card kit. If you want to use the entire friendship blossoms image you'll need an A7 card. I, for one, would hate to trim off any of this beauty, even though I don't make A7 cards very often! With the angle of the blossom leaving 2 bare corner areas, I decided to stamp the quote in one & the sentiment in the other. Thought it filled nicely without overpowering the image.

I'm also adding my card to Darnell's current NBUS challenge as this blossom is just seeing ink for the first time!! Thanks for stopping and thanks to Kathy and Darnell for hosting wonderful challenges! Now, let's see your coloring and your unused stuff. Happy crafting!!

 Grab our badge to display on your blog.


13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, you've picked my favorite colors to play with for this gorgeous card. I love those blooms and your coloring is fabulous.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful stamp this is Linda and what gorgeous colours you've used to bring it to life! Have a lovely weekend! Vicky x

Trina P. said...

Beautiful colouring, especially getting in those nooks and crannies. I have this stamp and it is a large image, but nice to colour.
It was Kathy’s 30 day coloring challenge that I learned how to colour. Good luck on the challenge.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What gorgeous and lovely flowers, Linda! I love the colors, and you did a great job of shading and highliting! An A7 card fits the image and the sentiments perfectly. The matte and the card base in matching colors are nice touches!
Hideko xx

Betty said...

can't beat copics for beautiful coloring and your card is esceptionally lovely - actually my my favorite nooks and crannies are in english muffins!!

Dawn T said...

what beautifully coloured flowers Linda. Good on you to take part. Hope you can get some done every day.

Lin said...

A beautiful image and a beautiful sentiment, Linda - nicely done!

Rosemary said...

your coloring is absolutely fabulous on this beautiful card!

Darnell said...

It's no wonder that floral spray is so impressive ~ it's very large! You really brought it to life by your excellent coloring, Linda! I think you did a splendid job on all the little nooks and crannies! And I love the layout with the sediments in both corners for balance. Keep well and thank you for sharing again at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

Gorgeous!!

Greta said...

I love that stamp set, but doubt I'll ever attempt using Copics to color it! This is beautiful, Linda!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous coloring on the large floral spray. Love it. TFS

Sue - said...

Beautiful spray of flowers and beautifully coloured too.