Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 12, 2020

More Coloring (Day 12) and a Scramble

Hey friends! Those on Facebook and wanting to Scramble like we once did on the old Hero Arts Flickr group can contact Cindy C. (Escape to Stamping) and join us!! We're having an open Scramble for the next 2 weeks where you pick your own 90 minute window and create a card, photograph and upload. We use Hero Arts materials (other brands are perfectly fine too, just include HA somewhere). I'm the hostess & in honor of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge, our Scramble theme is to color at least one item. I made this inspiration card, coloring a Hero Arts poinsettia image. Since you only get 90 minutes, I colored & detailed hastily but am still happy with it:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; Authentique Glistening 6x6;
BoBunny Tis the Season 6x6; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb
Stamps - Hero Arts CL796 Peace Poinsettia (with matching dies - retired)
Additional die - My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Michael's gems; 
White gel pen; Hero Arts Intense Black Ink

I made this last night so it would be ready for the Scramble start. I'm adding to Die Cut Divas Christmas in July challenge (this is my 3rd of 4 possible). I stamped multiple flower images, including some on watercolor paper. Next I'll share today's coloring:

Supplies - Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper; Yasutomo watercolor palette;
Twinkling H20s; black & brown pencils
Stamps - Hero Arts Peace Poinsettia;
Art Impressions Holiday Wishes (retired)

I was up late last night watching a movie and suddenly it was past midnight - Day 12, so I decided to start coloring! Worked on the poinsettia til about 1:30a then called it quits until 7:30. Finished the flower, leaves (I don't like how they turned out!!), and Santa scene by 10. Well, if you can call it finished - I always see spots where I could add more... Aren't Santa & friends adorable?! I've had this cutie set for YEARS, it's already retired & today was my first play with it - sad, isn't it?! Anyway will add Santa to Darnell's NBUS challenge, as well as link up to Kathy's 30 Day.

Thanks for the visit!!

 Grab our Badge
Grab our badge to display on your blog.


11 comments:

Betty said...

your santa and reindeer look like no- line coloring and you did a fantastic job - and don't know why you don't like the poinsettia - it looks great too!! don't add anything to your santa scene - it looks fine the way it is.

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda. The poinsettia card is so pretty and love the non line colouring on your santa.

Bonnie said...

Your sweet Santa and reindeer jumped out from the gallery at the 30 Day challenge! A shame is retired. Great job of coloring that and the poinsettias! I think that the coloring that takes the least amount of time end up being my favorites.

Lin said...

Wonderful cards, Linda - love the wood grain background on the first, and that Santa scene is so fun! Didn't know you were a nightowl!

Rosemary said...

WOW! You have been busy on the coloring front, Linda and the results are fabulous! I love how your Santa and friend turned out! The poinsettia is just gorgeous!

Cat Craig said...

You've been a busy gal! The coloring on both looks lovely, and those santa and pals are too darned cute.

Michelle N. said...

Wow-I wish I could color that quickly and have it look that fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Greta said...

Oh wow--LOVE the Christmas poinsettia card!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful coloring!! Thanks for Celebrating Christmas in July with us at Die Cut Divas.

Sherri Thacker said...

WOW! I am in love with the Santa card. You have captured the no-line coloring down to a "t". I'm still trying to master this technique. Love your card!!

Arlene said...

Love both cards. The poinsettia is gorgeous and I love the whimsical Santa and deer in the 2nd card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Christmas in July" challenge at Die Cut Divas.