Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Adding circles behind images - Day 21

Hey there - I'm trying out something Kathy (The Daily Marker) shared on Day 19 of her 30 Day Coloring Challenge, now on Day 21!! She added background circles to her sketch to add some interest. I figured I'd give it a try on a stamped image. Kathy used common household items to trace her circles (roll of tape, etc.); I just used the negatives from circles I'd diecut. I made my panel into a card already:

Supplies - DCWV A2 card; Paper Studio Black;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Gina K Designs Stately Flowers 7
Die - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired)
Other - Copic markers & multiliner; black pencil; 
sentiment strip from SSS as below

I stamped the lady's slipper, masked it & added the wild prairie roses, added another mask to the left rose and stamped the red clover. Diecut the panel with a stitched rectangle. Next I traced my circles and colored them first. Why? Felt like it, I guess! Then I colored the other flowers & added shading and nooks & crannies. The latter made all the difference - sorta wish I had a photo of how it looked before all this detailing!! I thought it was a bit hopeless, especially the clover, but now I like it.

Finally, I'm sharing a card made with the floral panel from Day 19. I diecut the panel with a stitched rectangle, added a sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp, matted with orange and adhered to a top-fold pale green card. The image is from a 2009 Hero Arts set "A Million Thanks" (retired). Nothing fancy but I zeroed in on the image by cutting off a lot of the white around it. Added some clear Wink of Stella to the flower centers and the interesting leaf veins.


Thanks for stopping and I hope you have a day filled with color!!


6 comments:

Betty said...

two more great cards for the coloring challenge - especially love the circle background with the flowers - you are so good at keeping up with the challenge.

Dawn T said...

wow Linda. The circle background on the card is amazing. The colouring on your flowers is perfect. And the sweet image on your second card is delightful.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Linda! And talking of beautiful cards, thanks so much for my CCC thank you card - I love it! Thanks also for the cute die cuts which are such fun. Hope you have a happy day! Thanks again, Jo x

Rosemary said...

another lovely set of cards, linda! love that fun background on the first one!

Lin said...

The circles behind those lovely flowers add a nice touch, Linda, and it's fun to see that older HA stamp again! Your coloring is wonderful on both cards!

Greta said...

I haven't seen circles like that--looks neat! Great coloring for the second card, too!