Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Bookshelf final - Day 25

Hey there - I'm back with a card made from the bookshelf image I've been coloring for the past few days and finally finished (it was a marathon)!! For today's coloring - Day 25 at Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge, I did the final nooks and crannies with a multiliner. Kathy uses a Sharpie but all mine are at the "satellite studio". I probably didn't find all the N&Cs but that's ok. Kathy talks about "walking away" and not adding too much! In fact, a couple of spots got too dark and I had to dot in some white gel pen... 

Supplies: Paper - Stampin' Up Garden Green formed to A7;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb; scrap of green;
Poptone Black Licorice
Stamps - Hero Arts CM425 Bookcase Peek-A-Boo Parts &
CL351 Friends (retired) - sentiment
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 2 (retired)
Other - Copic Markers & multiliner, black & grey pencils; 
Hero Arts clear lacquer & gem; white gel pen

And here's a shot of the bookshelf with just the black and grey pencil additions as Kathy described in her 12 steps post. Sorry for the dark photo - big cloud at the wrong moment yesterday afternoon!


After the grey markers are done, the next thing she does is add deeper color to spots so I did that too; didn't take a photo of just that step but you'll see the enhanced spots in the card photo. I also added clear lacquer to the camera, the bell jar, the glasses and the framed girl silhouette. Also added a bit of Wink of Stella to the pig and the golden planter. To tie my sentiment into the bookshelf, I colored and popped up a wee kitty. Reminds me of Misty, except she has no stripes. I recognize that expression though - part disdain and part feed me!!

Will also add this to the current Hero Arts Stay Crafty Challenge #12 where the theme is Friendship! 

Next, a quick card using pieces from past print-making coloring days: background from Day 11 and butterfly from Day 22. To change it up I used some diecuts not part of either day but from same or similar sets. It was really fun to mix and match and I still have plenty of pieces left for future.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Strathmore watercolor paper 140lb;
Paper Studio Glitter, Adirondack Gloss Finish; Momenta watercolor print
Stamps - Hero Arts CL184 Thoughtful Messages (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts DI133 Swallowtail Butterfly Fancy Die (retired);
My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 (retired);
Memory Box Bubble Circles
Other - watercolors & alcohol inks (see prev posts); Hero Arts gems

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!




4 comments:

Trina P. said...

YAY! Congratulations on completing that bookshelf. Fabulous colouring. Getting in those books and crannies sure makes a difference.
Your print making butterfly card is lovely.

Rosemary said...

your card with the bookshelf is just fabulous, linda! amazing coloring. love that beautiful butterfly on the second card!

Betty said...

your bookshelf is a fantastic bit of coloring, Linda - so much detail - i think you should frame it - and your butterfly is gorgeous!

Greta said...

Can't imagine coloring the bookshelf--wonderful card! Really love the butterfly card!